Join now - be part of our community!

Graphic Driver

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
Tribecca
Visitor

Graphic Driver

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with the Graphic Card Driver on my Sony Vaio. I own a VPCEB4M1E/WI with an ATI Mobility Radeon 5470.

In Vaio Update and on the Vaio website the latest graphical driver is Graphics Driver (ATI) - 8.723.8.2 from 19/11/2010. I've uninstalled it, and got this version intalled again, but still my issue remains. For those of you who are into video games, I recently bought Guild Wars 2, and I have a graphical glitch.

Around objects and models, I see a blue-ish texture glitch (like pixels). There is nothing I can do about (no in-game settings to fix this) and I was told it's because the outdated graphic card driver. In rest the game runs really smooth.

I've tried finding newer driver version, but the one on the AMD/ATI website I cannot use, it won't let me install that one. I called Sony Support, and they said they can't help either, as this is the only version it is. However, I find it absurd that Sony will allow me to use only a 2 years old driver, and nothing newer, even though the manufacturer (ATI) constantly releases new versions (from 2012 even).

I never had any issues with new games so far (Prototype 2, Darksiders 2) but with this one I do have, and it's quite frustrating. Is there any hope for something to be done about it, or that I can do?

Many thanks in advance,

Alex

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
JConlon12
New

Hi Tribecca,

Thanks very much, the link to the Russian download worked and my graphics problem with Guild Wars 2 is gone! Really appreciate your help!

Good luck Vincent, hope you are able to sort yours too. That should work as it sounds like you have the same laptop specification and problem as myself and Tribecca.

Thanks again

Jamie