Join now - be part of our community!

Help/complaint SONY VAIO SVT1311V2E

profile.country.pl_PL.title
kg2012
Visitor

Help/complaint SONY VAIO SVT1311V2E

To whom it may concern,

I purchased Sony Vaio Ultrabook SVT1311V2E at the beginning of November and 3 weeks later it crashed, showing a blue screen with a 0x000007E error, disabling access to hard drive and loss of data. Sony service replaced the hard drive apologising for the problem. The same story happened two months after the first repair, same error - the access to hard drive was possible this time and test run on a hard drive showed no damage. Once sent to Sony service second time - the hard drive was replaced again.

Is it possible that a hard drive crashes TWICE within 2.5months??

I use this notebook with a special care, never dropped it. It is necessary for me to have a reliable equipment to work and effectively run projects and funds and I don't trust it anymore not too loose hours of work especially once I'm abroad and don't have an access to any alternative PC.

Sony refuses to give me a replacement as the PC has been "repaired twice" and "functions well".

I am greatly dissapointed, I believed I bought the equipment from a reliable manufacturer with great reputation.

Can anyone help me please?Could I write a complaint to anyone?I can't find any email/contact anywhere in Sony website.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi kg2012,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Have you tried contacting the Sony customer support team via the following link - Contact Sony support

kg2012
Visitor

Yes, I tried contacting Sony via that particular link too. I described the situation in a similar way with more details (serial number and job reference). Noone ever got back to me.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

kg2012 wrote:

Yes, I tried contacting Sony via that particular link too. I described the situation in a similar way with more details (serial number and job reference). Noone ever got back to me.

That's not good..

I'll forward your comments on in the hope that someone from Sony support will contact you..

If you do not hear anything by the end of next week let us know & we'll chase again..:smileyhappy:

kg2012
Visitor

Thank you, I'm looking forward to it.

kg2012
Visitor

Hi, I still haven't heard from anyone. I must admit, although I don't use the PC for work anymore, just personal stuff, it gave me black screen twice once using it at home. I also remember that this model was advertised as a piece of equipment that was tested for disc protection and is advertised as "unbreakable".