Join now - be part of our community!

How to restore a SVE1711X1EB laptop?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
sheldorbaz1nga
New

How to restore a SVE1711X1EB laptop?

Hello,

I've been having intermittent problems with my Vaio just lately. Was thinking about restoring it but not sure how to go about it. Is there a recovery partition? I know that there wasn't a disc supplied when I purchased it so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sheldorbaz1nga,

Your model does have a recovery partition and assuming this has not been deteted you can access this in two ways.

Either press the Assist button when fully shut down or press and hold F10 at boot. Both of these options will allow you to recover to factory settings. Be aware that you will lose all personal data so make a backup of any data you require before proceeding.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi sheldorbaz1nga,

Your model does have a recovery partition and assuming this has not been deteted you can access this in two ways.

Either press the Assist button when fully shut down or press and hold F10 at boot. Both of these options will allow you to recover to factory settings. Be aware that you will lose all personal data so make a backup of any data you require before proceeding.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
sheldorbaz1nga
New

Thank you rich912 for your prompt reply and help. Did just the job! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome shelorbaz1nga,

Now may be a good time to create you recovery media using Vaio Care.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat