Join now - be part of our community!

Is it possible to configure Vaio key?

profile.country.en_GB.title
makeem95
Visitor

Is it possible to configure Vaio key?

I recently bought a E-series Vaio (VPCEB1Z0E0) and have removed Media Gallery as I have no need for it. Since removing this, the "Vaio" button at the top right of the keyboard acts as a mute button, which is what I expected having read about it in another forum.

What I'd like to know is whether it's possible to reconfigure the three special keys I have (Assist, Web, Vaio). Some other forums have suggested that this is possible in the Vaio Control Centre, but under the Special Button catergory, I only have to option to control Document Zoom.

I have updated to the latest versions of Sony software via Vaio Update as well.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
xordnasx
New

I would like to know that too. When I uninstalled Vaio media player, I kept getting an error message everytime I pressed the Vaio button. No 'mute' for me 😞 (model VPC-EA1S1E)

profile.country.pt_PT.title
NirVajo
Visitor

Yes, it should be possible to configure the VAIO button with any installed program, e.g. iTunes :slight_smile:

The same for the ASSIST and WEB buttons. I'd like to be able to configure Outlook to be called by the WEB button or the ASSIST button, because if I ever need Vaio Care hope it wouldn't be frequent...

profile.country.it_IT.title
krige3
Visitor

I have a Sony VAIO VPCEA3C5E and I would also like to know how to configure the "assist", "web" and "vaio" special keys.