Join now - be part of our community!

Making new recovery discs

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
fraheato
Explorer

Making new recovery discs

Is it possible to make new recovery discs for my 2 year old Vaio VPCF12S1E, as the old ones became damaged?  If possible, how would I do it please?

I have a problem with my laptop which started three days ago, not sure whether followed a Windows update (using IE9).  Within certain forums when I click a link, the page jumps further than link, and I have to backspace back to link I wanted.  This results in landing at bottom of page I wanted.  Really bizarre!

Have restored PC, with no success.

Have run Microsoft Essentials scan to check whether I have a virus, seems alright.

Am thinking the best option is to create recovery discs and reinstall programmes.

Ideas on any of these issues would be very welcome.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi fraheato,

You should still be able to create a set of recovery disks using the Vaio Recovery utility.

Make sure that you backup all personal data before using these disks as the notebook will be returned to 'as deilvered'.

Rich

Edit: before going down this path you could check touchpad settings to make sure that Web Assistant is not activated.

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi fraheato,

You should still be able to create a set of recovery disks using the Vaio Recovery utility.

Make sure that you backup all personal data before using these disks as the notebook will be returned to 'as deilvered'.

Rich

Edit: before going down this path you could check touchpad settings to make sure that Web Assistant is not activated.

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat