Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEL casing falling apart!

profile.country.en_GB.title
tinglebells
Visitor

VPCEL casing falling apart!

Hello all!

I have had my sony vaio VPCEL2S1E for about 8 months, about a month ago the left hand click become more and more unresponsive until it basically stopped working. I fixed that by doing system restore but it's beginning to go back to it's old ways which is worrying. ON TOP OF THAT nuisance, the casing of the laptop is now beginning to fall apart! the casing (the top bit with the keyboard) seems to be coming away from the base bit and i'm worried that it will only become looser and i'll eventually be left with my vaio in pieces.

I have tried calling vaio on about 3 numbers but cannot seem to get through and cannot seem to enter my serial number without being told on my phone that i 'have reached an unknown number' even if I did get through to sony support do you think they would organise a repair/replacement? Has this happened to anybody else? I am so annoyed at having spent a relatively large amount of money on something that is becoming a nuisance after less than a year!

thank you in advance for any help or suggestions! :slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi tinglebells and welcome.

You will need to talk to Vaio Support and they will treat each case individually.  Faulty manufacture will be covered but physical damage will not.

Go here and click on 'Vaio and Computing' then enter your Vaio's Seril Number in the next window.  You will then be offered various contact options if your Vaio is still within Warranty: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts

:thinking: