Join now - be part of our community!

nickname ?

profile.country.en_GB.title
nickname
Visitor

nickname ?

I need to check Application Event Log (there is a problem with my VSS) but access is denied -- how do I get round this?

Message was edited by: nickname

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi nickname.

Can you give us a bit of background? Vaio Model, Version of Windows etc.

Is your Vaio part of a Domain?  Have you checked that the Admin User Account is not part of a Guest Group or a Domain Guest Group?

Can you  manually open AppEvent.Evt in the Event Viewer Window?  Depending on your version of Windows this is something like Action -> Open Log File -> Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32\Config\AppEvent.Evt.

:thinking:

nickname
Visitor

Model VPCEE3E0E

Windows 7

I hit a problem when using Windows Live Mail -- "back up location could not be found"--

Error code 0x81000006.  I can no longer use Windows Live Mail, and my Vaio Update is unable to acquire information.  Action Centre (in systems and security) is not working.   I cannot restore to an earlier time.

I am supposed to "check my back up" -- check VSS and SPP application event logs for more info.

I tried to check my application event log to get more info ............ and access is denied!

nickname
Visitor

Model VPCEE3E0E

Windows 7

I hit a problem when using Windows Live Mail 0x80041161

Later learned "the back up location cannot be found" Error code 0x81000006

I am supposed to "check VSS and SPP application event logs for more information about an unexpected error.

Windows Live Mail will not open.    Vaio Update is no longer working.  I cannot open the subdivisions of Action Centre in System and Security....I cannot restore to an earlier time.   I cannot view event logs.