Join now - be part of our community!

Please help me!

profile.country.en_GB.title
sidney777
Visitor

Please help me!

Hey there realy need some help i'm not to computer savy and brought an s series 15" laptop. I have the assist button which i though would be a good idea as i know very little about computers. How ever.... everytime i press this button it brings up the menu on the right hand side of the screen and the rest of the screen goes black, and a message comes up and tells me vaio shell has stoped working and windows is looking for a solution to the problem, but it never comes up with one. If i go through the menu and open vaio shell without pressing the assisit button it still tells me the same thing. If anyone has any advice on the matter it would be much appreciated. Thanks

65 REPLIES 65
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi aninna & Tina,

Can you please try shutting down and then run VAIO Care from the Assist utility, and then run a Full System Recovery. Be aware that this procedure will wipe all person data and any third party programmes that you may have installed, so backup any data you need.

This, to me, is not an ideal resolution but is all that Support has come up with...

Rich

Message was edited by: rich912

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.sv_SE.title
TinaStill
Visitor

NO, that is not a good resolution! For me, this is to much of an issue I do not know where I'll find Assist utility...

What will happen if I just uninstall Vaio CAre?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tina,

I believe your model has an Assist button above the keyboard. Press this button when shut down to access the utility.

You can of course uninstall Vaio Care but then you would loose all of the functions provided by the utility.

Unfortunately a return to factory  settings seems to be the stock solution from Support when they don't have a clue as to the cause of a problem...:smileysad:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
TinaStill
Visitor

Hi Rich, Thanks for your support on this!

I have now done a full system recovery! (It took some time......:-()

And I got Vaio Care to work for a while! I made the requested updates and restarted the computer.....and to my surpise VAIO Care was no longer a program on my computer. .....

I used the link provided earlier in this thread to install VAIO Care again and after restart. I found VAIO Care as a program on my computer  again.

I was asked to do the update again and I did that : The message sais: Capture.PNG

I do the update and the same message appears all the time. I can not use VAIO care....It's like im in a loop now. Ido the update but it still ask for the update....

Do you what to continue to run this against support or shall i contact them my self?

Regards Tina

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tina,

Sorry to hear that the restore to factory settings and subsequent updates has not solved the problem.

Support is still looking into this as they have had a number of similar issues raised directly by customers. Probably best if I report back to them with all the details you have provided rather than you waste your time with a phone call – this route will highlight the issue to a higher level within the system.

Can you please confirm that the updates installed were from Sony Vaio when ‘’Vaio Care’ disappeared and not Windows updates.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.fr_CH.title
pouyan_afshin
Visitor

Hi Rich:

I have a similar problem on SVE14A1C5E. I uninstalled the Vaio Care and installed the intial version from the sony site. After installation, it gave me the same error as others mentioned, and even once before it gave the error, it wanted to update the Vaio care. In fact, it did, but the problem persisted. I hope you soon come up with a fix for all the models. Thanks alot for the help.

Pouyan

TinaStill
Visitor

Hi again,

It was Sony Vaio update NOT Windows. !

Thanks for your help!

/tina

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thanks for that info Tina. This has been passed on - we will now have to wait for un updated version of Vaio Care. I will update you all as and when any further information is forthcoming.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Thanks for adding to the tread Pouyan.

Please bear with us while we try to get some action on this problem from Support...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

A brief update for you all.

We have been assured that this problem is under investigation and is being treated as a priority. Any further information will be posted in this thread...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat