Join now - be part of our community!

Please help me!

profile.country.en_GB.title
sidney777
Visitor

Please help me!

Hey there realy need some help i'm not to computer savy and brought an s series 15" laptop. I have the assist button which i though would be a good idea as i know very little about computers. How ever.... everytime i press this button it brings up the menu on the right hand side of the screen and the rest of the screen goes black, and a message comes up and tells me vaio shell has stoped working and windows is looking for a solution to the problem, but it never comes up with one. If i go through the menu and open vaio shell without pressing the assisit button it still tells me the same thing. If anyone has any advice on the matter it would be much appreciated. Thanks

65 REPLIES 65
profile.country.sv_SE.title
TinaStill
Visitor

Thanks for the update! :smileyhappy:!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tina,

To further their investigations into this problem Support have requested that you send them a copy of the Vaio Care folder on your computer.

1) Open the Run dialog box (press Windows logo key + key)

2) Type in (without quotes): "C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation"

3) Press Enter

4) Copy the complete folder "VAIO Care" to the desktop.

5) Go to the desktop, right-click the copied VAIO Care folder and select "Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder"

Unfortunately they failed to provided me with an email address or reference but I will PM you with this once recieved. Could you then please send the Zipped folder (approx. 1.2MB) directly.

If you have any problems with this procedure then please let us know.

Thanks,

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
circuit_man
Visitor

I too have exactly the same problem, with a SVT13113ENS bought in India just last week. When ever I try to invoke Vaiocare prgramme, it crashes out with Vaioshell has stopped working, then looks for solution to try and fix it, then fails!

Circuit Man

Message was edited by: circuit_man

circuit_man
Visitor

Oh! and one more thing, when I tried to update the Viaocare through the support website for this specific model once downloaded and ran, it also crashed out saying it was not compatible! What????

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi circuit_man,

As your model was purchased in India you will need to contact Sony India for support.

http://www.sony.co.in/section/support

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
circuit_man
Visitor

Yeah, I tried that already - site is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike!

Punched in the model number, and tried to download the latest Vaiocare software, which when extracted told me it will not run on my device! Useless! Makes me regret buying Sony again - Wife had Vaio as well, and Bluetooth died, then Bluray, then WIFI!

Poor experience from support in all cases.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi circuit_man,

Have you tried uninstalling Vaio Care from Control Panel, reinstalling and then install the update? This worked for the OP of this thread.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tina,

I understand that Support have been in contact with you and they now have the requested folder.

If you receive any further contact directly from Support perhaps you will let us know as there are a number of other members waiting for an answer on this problem.

Thanks,

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.fi_FI.title
aninna
Visitor

Hi Rich. I'm having the same problem as Tina has so is it worth of trying to do system recovery? I wouldnt like to do it if it doesnt help. I have had this problem since I got this computer and my dad also bought vaio s-series laptop and it is the same problem there, too. I got no trust that system recovery works in this case because the problem has already been from the beginning...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi aninna,

I wouldn't bother trying a system recovery - Tina did and it made no difference.

It seems that in some instances if there is an update for Vaio Care then uninstalling then reinstalling the original utility followed by the update sometimes solves the problem. This doesn't apply to your model as there is no update available.

Support assure us that Sony are working on the problem and Tina has supplied some files from her machine that will hopefully help to narrow down the problem. We have no timescale on this but any progress will be reported via this thread so stay tuned...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat