Join now - be part of our community!

Please help me!

profile.country.en_GB.title
sidney777
Visitor

Please help me!

Hey there realy need some help i'm not to computer savy and brought an s series 15" laptop. I have the assist button which i though would be a good idea as i know very little about computers. How ever.... everytime i press this button it brings up the menu on the right hand side of the screen and the rest of the screen goes black, and a message comes up and tells me vaio shell has stoped working and windows is looking for a solution to the problem, but it never comes up with one. If i go through the menu and open vaio shell without pressing the assisit button it still tells me the same thing. If anyone has any advice on the matter it would be much appreciated. Thanks

65 REPLIES 65
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Bravos97,

If you feel the need to vent your frustration then go ahead and call Support. They will probably advise you to uninstall .NET framework and download and install the latest version from Microsoft, and then wait ten minutes before launching Vaio Care. If this works for you then great but it seems that this solution has no effect for some users with this problem.

The scenario as detailed in this thread is, in my opinion, totally unacceptable but we have been assured that it is being worked on.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

A quick update just to let you all know that the problem is not forgotten.

This is still being worked on and a permanent solution should be available with the release of Vaio Care 8 – no timescale as yet.

The short term fix is still suggested as - uninstall Vaio Care, download Vaio Care from the Support site and reinstall. This has worked for some but not others.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.no_NO.title
Lars_H
Visitor

Hey Rich, I'm having the same problem as everyone else here (product model: VPCF13S0E), whenever I try update VAIO, the VAIO shell crashes and it loops. I've tried to reinstall and I have the latest windows update and net framework 4.

Anyway, I just noticed these VAIO CARE icons keeps coming in my windows bar. If I try click them, they just disappear.

Uten navn.png

Another one pops up every minute or so, and if I'm in a game, the game closes (as if I minimized it). They don't appear in the task manager either.

Maybe it is of any help..

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Lars_H,

Thanks for the information - this problem, in my opinion, is long overdue for a permanent solution. I wiil chase to see whether there is any info on a planned release date for Vaio Care 8.

In the meantime, if these pop ups are of anoyance to you, I suggest uninstalling Vaio Care for the time being and manually check the Support site for any updates - not ideal but a workaround.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
shoppingtelly
Visitor

Like most people on this thread I am very dissapointed with this situation, I have a SVE1511L1E is there any fixes for this model?

Thanks in advance.

001.sugarplum
Explorer

Hello everyone with the Viao care problem,

I too have a new puter VPCSB3T9E/R less than a week old and I too am experiencing problems with vaiocare;

I think this bit of software would work correctly, it loads okay but then I receive messages such as

"vcsystemtray has stopped working windows will look for a solution to this problem" then a popup message windows will close this software and look for a solution do you want to continue, well of course I do, no solution is found so I close the popup message window and subsequently vaiocare crashes out too.

Or alternatively the popup message that appears while trying to run vaiocare is "vaioshell has stopped working" with the same blah di blah message boxes following and the subsequent result that vaiocare crashes again.

Both versions (of these two files) vcsystemtray.exe and vaioshell.exe are 7.0.2.81.20

Pretty poor show by Sony if they have still not come up with a fix to date, the first thread highlighted the problem back in July, and waiting for vaiocare V8 is like watching paint dry.

Come on Sony teccies get your fingers out.

Or has somebody else found a work around for this?

Message was edited by: 001.sugarplum

Spelling mistake corrected

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi 001.sugarplumb,

We still have no release date for Vaio Care 8.

I notice that older versions of the VPCSB and VPCSA still have Vaio Care 6.4.2.11150 as the latest update. If you are prepared to take a chance you could uninstall the current version (7.0.1.08040) and then try installing the original version (6.3.3.02100) from a model such as VPCSB1Q1E/S followed by the update (6.4.2.11150).

I have no idea whether this will work and is of course entirely at your own risk.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
BillyPaul
Visitor

Hi, yes my two yr old vaio has been playing up for months now with various problems, however vaio update and hardware diagnostics are all apparently working ok, assist reports no problems have been identified, Sony eSupport are more like Sony noSupport, ever wonder why there is no feedback survey for UK online support? and a full recovery didn't fix it either, as it just re-installs the drivers that havent been updated in 2 years, all very frustrating for such a large company like Sony. However i did eventually fix the problem, I went out and bought a Toshiba!...Good luck, your gonna need it.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
TinaStill
Visitor

*suck* The last vaio i ever buy!!  No updates no info....no happy user.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Not good is it Tina and I have total sympathy with the frustration that you and other contributors to this thread are experiencing as this was first highlighted back in July of this year!

I have chased once again but due to past experience and lack of response I suggest you don’t hold your breath.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat