Join now - be part of our community!

Screensaver options all greyed out.

profile.country.en_GB.title
jmwfc86
Visitor

Screensaver options all greyed out.

Hi guys,

I have a VPCSB1X9E laptop and I’m trying to turn the screensaver on however I open up the Screen Saver Settings Page from the Control Panel and all the options in the Screen Saver section are all greyed out.

The only thing I can select is the Change Power Settings at the bottom of the page which takes me to the screen allowing me to pick a different power plan. I currently have my laptop plugged in and have tried High Performance, Balanced and even a custom power plan with a variety of different settings but can’t seem to find any menu or selection that has anything to do with the screensaver. If I have the screen to “Never” turn off or put the computer to sleep should that help rather then hurt?

I have also entered gpedit.msc, on advice of a Microsoft tech, and tried to enable the screensaver there but to no avail.

I know I have screensavers on the computer however I still can’t get past the greyed out boxes.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jon,

Assuming that this is not the same advice given by Microsoft tech then have a look at the following link:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/132549-screen-saver-enable-disable.html

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat