Join now - be part of our community!

Starting Windows Screen wont disappear!!! HELP!!!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Dookie3969
Visitor

Starting Windows Screen wont disappear!!! HELP!!!!

Hi, my Vaio was working fine then today I put it on and the "starting windows" screen wont disappear. Ive tried repair and recovering it to a previous time but problem still happens. Ive tried leaving it to load but nothing. Please help me. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
pessacleognan
Visitor

Dookie

Me again. Just found a possible response to the problem on about page three or four but cannot now find it! It said "Wait one minute, ctrl, alt, delete twice and Windows boots". Could be worth a try.

pessacleognan

pessacleognan
Visitor

Dookie3969

My PC is a J series desktop installed early July and for the first few weeks worked fine but has now developed the same problem as yours. It occurs about every other day.  I have tried various repair options on the Sony website but to no avail. This cannot be a new problem and Sony must have a quick answer somewhere. The supplier and installer of the PC suggests that it should go back to Sony and is likely to take four weeks which is a pain.

I emailed Sony at customer.service.gb@shop.sony-europe.com this afternoon and understandably have not yet had a response. Other on-site email facilities said "not available due to maintenance" and a 090 telephone number rang unobtainable.

Thanks.

David

(pessacleognan)

3/9/12

Message was edited by: pessacleognan

pessacleognan
Visitor

Dookie -

This possible solution didn't work but I have discovered the telephone number of the Sony technical department which might be the cure to many of the problems on this page. Found them helpful but my problem not yet resolved. Telephone: 08702 402 4081 and have your fifteen digit serial numer available as you will have to enter it.