Join now - be part of our community!

Updating pre-installed PMB software

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
saxonlad
New

Updating pre-installed PMB software

Computer is Sony VPCEC3SOE running with all the original installed  software including windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and PMB Version  5.3.00.06040.

When I try to update the PMB software I receive the following message:

The webpage cannot be found
Error code  HTTP 404 
Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
What you can try:
Retype the address. 
Go back to the previous page.
Go to  and look for the information you want. 
More information
This  error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that this program was able to connect  to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible  that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website  might have changed or removed the webpage.

Three days ago I  purchased a Sony HDR CX115E camcorder which has a software disc  containing PMB software Version 5.5., but which says on the front  of the disc ‘is not compatable with Windows 7 64 bit’.

Can I  update my computer version with the  software supplied with the camera?.    If not, can anyone supply me with the link to update my pre- installed software

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try downloading PMB Version 5.6.02 from the download support website for your new camcorder: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=PMB&m=HDR-CX115E

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Try downloading PMB Version 5.6.02 from the download support website for your new camcorder: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/dime/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=PMB&m=HDR-CX115E

:wink:

profile.country.de_DE.title
truygurg12
Visitor

thanks

profile.country.en_GB.title
saxonlad
New

Hi Blencogo

Many thanks for your help to a pure novice.   I have been waiting over a week for a reply from Sony, your reply was within the hour.   Spot on with your advice - now up to date and going well.   Many thanks again

Saxonlad

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Saxonlad,

Glad it worked OK.

I hope you enjoy your new camera!!

:slight_smile: