Join now - be part of our community!

USB ports not recognising device

KSeymour
Visitor

USB ports not recognising device

I have a VGN-SZ1XP which is around 18 months old.
Recently I've been having problems with the USB ports in that when you plug a device in (USB flash drive, Flip video camera), the VAIO sounds a chime recognising the device, but it is not available to use.
In Device manager, the USB controllers are apparently all working correctly. I've checked to see if there are any updated drivers of which there are not. I have uninstalled and re-installed the USB controllers which did not work.
I have also restore the VAIO back to factory settings, which appeared to work for 1 day, then the ports stopped functioning correctly again.
Any suggestions to get this fixed would be very welcome!
Thank you

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.pt_PT.title
belisanun
Visitor

Not a solution, but the similar problem: I have a vaio vgn-c1z/b that i bought a years ago. Anyway it started to not work  first in reading and record CD or DVD, than the mouse and webcam, and now have difficulties to recognize the print...all this happening about to years later than the purchase. I've checked in manager devices - it says no update available. I tryed  the hardware Vaio diagnostic - it does not recognize when I put any device, so in the end I have to cancel, and it says no problem !

It has already the update of bios and sp3... problem subsist.

I have tried over and over to solve this. I read that is a problem of connections to motherboard?

Any suggestions are very appreciated!

Message was edited by: belisanun

Message was edited by: belisanun