Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCEJ keeps freezing

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamesmchugh81
Visitor

Vaio VPCEJ keeps freezing

Just got my new Vaio VPCEJ 3 days ago but it keeps freezing on me ?

Can't move the mouse or even start task manager. Only way to stop it is to resart it by disconnnecting the battery.

Anyone know what could be causing this ?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi James,

It's very difficult to to determine the cause of the problem but obviously this is not normal.

As the machine is only a few days old your best course of action is to return it to factory settings to eliminatate malware or third party software as the cause.

To revert to factory settings tap F10 at boot when you see thr Vaio logo. This should open the Recovery Utility - follow the on screen instructions.

If this fails to resolve the problem then return the notebook for a replacement or a refund.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
HoT.SeNSaTIoN
Visitor

I have the laptop since yesterday, the same model, and I have the same problem...but I think u can unblock the screen cuz. I can see a lock led on, on the top right...so we have to know our laptop better, just try to call Sony Center...I will do the same :slight_smile:

UPDATE: No...u can't do nothing...the password screen appears, and afterwards a message with '' explorer.exe application error'' , the screen goes black and that's it, not even task manager  works ! I'm **** angry on them, I received my laptop in a DAMAGED BOX, probably it affected the laptop, I spent 750 pounds on <profanity removed by moderator>, HATE SONY, this was my last thing that I bought from them, from my favourite company it became the one I hate most !

Message was edited by: HoT.SeNSaTIoN

Message was edited by: HoT.SeNSaTIoN

jamesmchugh81
Visitor

Hi. Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Appears to have been

A problem with windows. Has been fine since Windows update ! Thanks.

profile.country.de_CH.title
Mobsie
Visitor

I have the same mouse performance Problem with my new VPCEJ !!