Join now - be part of our community!

Sony USB not working on Sony CDX-GT450U

profile.country.GB.title
Tanthalas
New

Sony USB not working on Sony CDX-GT450U

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me out here, not sure what has happened or what I am doing wrong.

I have Sony CDX-GT450U car CD Player and I bought a Sony USM4GL 4GB USB stick to use with it.  The stick is on the compatible list and was bought specifically for that.

The stick has previously worked fine, for a long time, however I havent used it in the CD Player for some time.  Recently wanted to start using it again and the player wont recognise it all all, just comes up with 'USB - No Suppt' or similar.  

I have completely formatted the stick (quick and full) and tried it as Fat16, Fat32 (which it should be) and even tried NTFS just case.

Any thoughts?

The stick works find in the PC and shows no sign of any problems, just wont work with the car system.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Tanthalas and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Just out of interest, do any other memory sticks work in the car stereo?

Here's some info about the message on the stereo in case you hadn't seen it:

"When the NO SUPPORT, NO SUPRT or --:-- error message appears in the display of the car stereo and the music playback stops, unplug the USB device, wait approximately one minute, then plug the device back in again. Doing this will reset the USB connection and should correct any issue that may have occurred when you first connected the USB device. If this does not work, disconnect the USB device and power it off. Turn the USB device back on and then reconnect it to the car stereo."

Have you tried these steps?

profile.country.GB.title
Tanthalas
New

HI @jumpsuit and thanks for the reply.

I have a couple of other sticks which don't work.  When I got the stereo they didnt work either which is why I bought the Sony one, and that worked perfectly before.

I have disconnected and reconnect the stick numerous times and always get the same error.

Just cant understand why it worked fine before and has suddenly stopped, other than an issue that has arisen with the stereo unit itself.  Everything else on the stereo seems to work perfectly.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hiya

It could well be the stereo itself,  but sadly the only way to check would be buying another Sony stick to test.

It is possible there's also a fault on the stick, I have a Sony memory card which won't read in my PC  (all others do), but it will read when its inside a camera and connected to the pc.

Very odd.

profile.country.GB.title
Tanthalas
New

Well I am really confused now.

I have been trying out a few older sticks etc this morning and have got one to work that I am certain didnt work previously, downside it is only a 2Gb stick.  The Sony 4Gb still isnt playing but I will keep trying with that as the more music I have on it the better (doing a lot of driving).

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

They confound me at times too :grin:

At least you have something as a baseline to start with now :slight_smile: