Join now - be part of our community!

SRS-XB40 Wireless Party Chain / Stereo Compatibility

williamxb
New

SRS-XB40 Wireless Party Chain / Stereo Compatibility

Hi. I currently have an SRS-HG1 and am thinking about purchasing an SRS-XB40 speaker also. Will I be able to pair both these speakers together by either Wireless Party Chain or the stereo functionality? I haven't found anything on which speakers are compatible with the Party Chain and/or stereo feature - if someone does have a list that would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

SRS-HG1:

This speaker supports wireless stereo, wireless surround and multiroom sound through the use of SongPal.

• For Wireless Stereo compatible devices - see HERE
  • For Wireless Surround - see HERE
  • For Multiroom compatible devices - see HERE

Unfortunately the SRS-XB40 is not on the compatiblity list for either of these functions.  I also cannot find any reference to party chaining with this speaker.  Only references are as above on grouping via Songpal for wireless stereo, surround and multiroom

SRS-XB40:

According to the manual HERE, this has the 'Speaker Add function' via Songpal.  For this to work, two speakers of the same model are required and connect to each other via bluetooth using Songpal.  This Speaker Add function is described in the Songpal instructions : HERE.  In regards to party chaining this speaker, you can party chain this speaker with up to 10 compatible speakers.  Compatible speakers are SRS-XB20, SRS-XB30 and SRS-XB40 - as listed in the manual HERE.

So basically the SRS-HG1 and the SRS-XB40 are not compatible with each other in terms of Wireless Stereo, Wireless Surround, Multiroom and Party Chaining.

Cheers