Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WH-1000XM4 disconnects on video conferencing software

profile.country.GB.title
Listen111
New

Sony WH-1000XM4 disconnects on video conferencing software

Hi there,

I recently bought Sony WH-1000XM4 for listening to music and video calls at work. The headphones do not work with Microsoft Teams or Slack.

I am using a Macbook Pro. 

I will be listening to music on another app fine and as soon as I start a video call I cannot hear others on the call and nor can they hear me. However I can hear other sounds from my Mac though the headphones (e.g. notifications). 

I have turned off voice to chat feature. In the settings on both Teams and Slack I can set audio input to my Sony headphones but there is no option to choose them for the microphone visible. This is the case on both Teams and Slack. The headphones fail whether I use Bluetooth or connect headphones to my Mac with a wire. 

Please help. I fear I have wasted a fortune on some flawed headphones that I cannot use at work. 

Thanks, Will

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@Listen111 Does it only happen with Slack and Teams? You can try making a call on any other app to test as well.

Also make sure you're following these steps: Making a video call on a computer

profile.country.GB.title
Listen111
New

Hey,

Yeah it's both apps. I since think I may have resolved this. 

When I turn Bluetooth off on my phone, turn off connect to two devices simultaneously and turn off speak to chat feature on the headphones app, it hasn't happened again. I've taken about 15 teams calls since. 

I also rebooted my Mac and ensured both in app and Mac OS sound settings for input and output are all my Sony headphones. 

Hopefully it's now fixed... 

Thanks for the reply

Will