Who Me Too'd this topic

sam_uk
New

KD-65X8509C picture fault

Hello,

I recently purchased the above model, from date of delivery I have had an image fault which is most visible on faster moving images like football for instance.  I can best describe it as the screen is separated into vertical sections about 5 inches appart.  The green of the pitch will be slighty lighter or darker in each 5 inch section of screen.  There is also a darker black line down the centre of the screen.  If the tv is off when daylight shines on the panel were I expect it to be pure black there is almost a pattern on it what looks like a defect in the manufacturing process.  I am electronics engineer by trade for a medical equipment manufacturer and have repaired hundreds of flat panel monitors some of which manufactured by Sony so I know what im talking about.  I have been in contact with Sony Support via what feels like hundreds of e-mails since purchasing in November 15.  After giving them detailed information time and time again including pictures and a video they agreed to exchange my tv, however only for a reconditioned unit, after purchasing a brand new tv I want another new one and under statutory rights believe I am entitled to this.  They advised if I want a new replacement I should return to my retailer, so I did.  There my problems deepend.  I purchased it from Currys who I have e-mailed several times only to be ignored, I tried ringing several times to be kept on hold for over 30 minutes on a 0344 number to not get to speak to anybody.  Eventually after a week posting on Twitter I received a call from Currys.  They agree the TV should exchanged for a new one but require an uplift number from Sony so they can collect and deliver an exchange.  Has anybody had experience of this?

Thanks

Who Me Too'd this topic