Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

USB-problem

I bave problems with USB-storage as well. Sometimes when the TV wakes up from Standby, it doesn't find the USB-drive, that is formated as internal storage. A reboot solves it until next time. I would say it happens with an interval of ten start ups or something like that. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

As long as enough people are reporting those very same issues, I am not adding the [for me] tag. And I got more than enough reports on German and English boards.

I don't know what the common denominator is, but I received feedback from totally different HD and 4K HDR sets.

At least the second problem affects everybody as Sony didn't add the native file manager which is supposed to grant write access.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Garymjh

@Garymjh wrote:

I have all three usb ports being used. An hdd for tv recording and two usb's for movies. All three work perfectly. There's an odd (and slightly annoying) tendency for people to think that because they have a problem then everyone does. 

Did you actually tested all use cases extensively?

And, if you use default Video for movies, than yes, everything works just fine because that app is so basic that it will pick up any disk attached, scan it and than show that huge mess of files.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I don't use the Sony video app due to it's ongoing inability to display the correct aspect ratio. I use kodi which plays all files perfectly including those over DLNA 

profile.country.GB.title
MillerTronic
Explorer

I just added a few well chosen words to check and see if Sony are taking any notice 🙂

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Garymjh schrieb:

I don't use the Sony video app due to it's ongoing inability to display the correct aspect ratio. I use kodi which plays all files perfectly including those over DLNA 

So you are only using conventional removable USB storage to feed media into Kodi, right?

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

Does any rep from Sony ever come on here to help\give advice?

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

So you are only using conventional removable USB storage to feed media into Kodi, right?

I'm not sure what you mean. What would be unconventional and non removable?  They're usb sticks. 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

So you didn't even try to understand or reproduce our issues but are just adding noise here.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I don't know what you're talking about but if you keep up with your
patronising tone I just won't respond.