Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

A few people have said this already. As much as I'm a Sony fan and own a KD-43X8307 2015 model and the marshmallow up worked fine on my tv. 

I feel Sony communication has been totaly disgracefull!!  

I have started to comment on Twitter and I have decided to wright to BBC Watchdog program. 

I think we all need to step it up a gear as Sony does not seem to take a blind bit of notice on these forums. 

I recon get some air time on TV and this will get them sitting up and take action... so any other thoughts on this guys???? 

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@Anonymous

I had another TV delivered yesterday due to the bad firmware update.

I didn't put it on the net to start out with to see how fast android was. And it turns out it was very fast!

But as soon as I connected to the Net, the speed went down hill very fast  😞

So I've reset the TV and left it off the net. Now waiting for who ever it is to do teh new update.

And at this rate I can't see many getting android 7 at all.

profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

@Marcd51 wrote:

A few people have said this already. As much as I'm a Sony fan and own a KD-43X8307 2015 model and the marshmallow up worked fine on my tv. 

I feel Sony communication has been totaly disgracefull!!  

I have started to comment on Twitter and I have decided to wright to BBC Watchdog program. 

I think we all need to step it up a gear as Sony does not seem to take a blind bit of notice on these forums. 

I recon get some air time on TV and this will get them sitting up and take action... so any other thoughts on this guys???? 

I still wonder how bad (numbers affected) this issue is. The problem I mentioned earlier with Sony certainly did make it to the BBC news:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23395516

If you browse some of the dedicated AV forums where these kind of problems get flagged immediately (if many are reporting issues), well I'm just not seeing anything much regarding the latest issues.

So my thoughts would be that those experiencing issues should contact Sony directly and state their case clearly and calmly. Take your problem to the top. 

profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

No posts since Wednesday?

has this been shut down?

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Don't think so.. I just think people are exhausted complaining maybe.. Lol

Only news I have speaking to Sony UK tech here in London recently a few times is that a new Marshmellow build is on its way very soon. Iv been told matter of weeks rather than months according to internal communications.

Anyway I'm one of handful of people by the looks of it were the update worked fine. A few issues but nothing drastic. My model is KD-43X8307 2015.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
Will_cain

f that's the case you've got to admire the Sony strategists even if not the PR and support teams

profile.country.en_GB.title
zaim7890

My XD93 arrives tomorrow, I currently have the X8509c on MM.

The question I have is should I update the XD93 to MM as I still have the firmware on my pc or should I wait? I'm assuming the update I downloaded for the X8509c is the same one for the XD93?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Definitely don't install the update. It works fine for me (mostly) but there's so many issues with it that it's not worth the risk. 

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

Sony are the same as Honda F1. They both haven't got a clue how to fix things.

Does anyone know who the Dev team is and where they are?

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Very good point I'm also one of the ones were the update worked more or less perfectly. I still have a few snags from time to time but nothing hurendous.

So yes it's a bit of a gamble 50/50.

It worth noteing that it won't be long now till Sony will realise Marshmallow MK2 in the coming weeks. I have been told by Sony UK or internal communications on Friday past.

Up to you how you take that news.
I have a KD-43X8307 2015 model.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 smartphone