Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix fails to load often

profile.country.GB.title
cugwmui
Explorer

Netflix fails to load often

Hi,
I have a 2015 55X8005C (latest software updates included), but of late (since approx 2 weeks) I've had trouble loading Netflix. The app gets stuck at the N logo with the rotating circle.

Usually going to settings/Apps/Netflix and then "Force Stop" has solved the problem. But it got too frequent (and general TV slowness), so I did a factory reset of the TV. But the problem is still there!

Is this is a known (new) problem? Or is there a solution?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
tosh.se1
Explorer

Ditto. Exactly the same problem and same solution.

The latest version is installed - 6.1.1 build 2440.  Apps from the PlayStore are set to automatically update, so confirms this is latest version.

I see this was updated on 30 November 2018 (see pic - sorry about the sideways orientation - cant rotate).

This co-incides with when this problem first started.

How to get Netflix to address?

TV Sony - KD-55X8509C

Android 2015 Model

Tosh

20190110_203332.jpg

profile.country.NL.title
hija31

Uninstalling and than reinstalling latest Netflix updates solved the problem.

I must clarify that after uninstalling updates (and switching from auto to manual update)

1. I've started Netflix ( old build ) which worked fine, and then stopped. 

2. I've sideload tablet version 6.20.1 build 51 31579 of NETFLIX which worked but I didn't like the ui.

3. Updated TV's version of Netflix.

I don't know what did the trick, but it's till working fine here. 

It works when TV is on, and directly from the standby mode too.

profile.country.US.title
GlennHenry
New

I have this issue as well on my KDL-55W808C.

Since november update, Netflix will only load once and after that gets stuck on N with circle runnig forever.

I can force stop it and it works again, one time. Makes no differerence if i clear cache and data or not, same behaviour.

I can restart the TV, unplugging power, and it works again, one time.

I have:

Factory reset my TV.

Uninstalled updates of Netflix.

Updated Netflix to latest.

I can not cast netflix from my phone either, same issue.

This is a big problem as my kids cannot do the steps necessary to get it working, causing me grief.

I have not owned a Sony product for a long time but got this TV recommended and bought it. Will Sony ever help with these issues reported to the forum or are we left to hang? Are there any other steps to take to get this piece of hardware to work? Or are we just supposed to by new TV's ... im a bit suprised an error reported on several places just do not get adressed.

Thanks for any help.

profile.country.GB.title
spacemonkey

I've tried a number of suggested fixes and they only work for a short time.   I was super happy after force stop, uninstall, hold power on remote (reboots android OS), update Netflix, launch netflix, sign in....  Epic it's working.   Use exit option,   load app again.... Epic it's working...   Put TV to sleep....  Wait a while..... Power back on and test..... Epic it's working.      Try again a few hours later.....    Stuck on N logo again 🤔.      Deffo will not purchase another Android TV (from any manufacturers), as this one has been a ball ache.       I bought my mum a newer Sony for Christmas that runs Linux, runs like a dream.   

profile.country.GB.title
alesp666
Explorer

I see this was posted in December, and all Sony was able to suggest was to reboot the tv.

Wow.

Wow!!

Goodbye Sony. I will never ever buy anything else from you.

profile.country.GB.title
TobiasRieper315

See this link here re the same problem:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/netflix-not-loading-properly-spinning-icon/m-p/2566506/hi...

Please report the problem direct to Sony via email.

profile.country.GB.title
DavrobinSony
Explorer

I'm having exactly the same problem with TV KDL-43W756C  Having had network issues with WiFi I've resorted to killing WiFi & going to hard-wired ethernet over mains.  I have a fixed IP address way above the normal range.  I have set the DNS to use the Google DNS servers. 

All software is up to date versions.

Netflix often sticks at startup with a spinning N. 

There does not appear to be a single simple solution to this situation (which is really quite unacceptable).

If I fire up a web browser, I am able to access my Netflix account (so clearly there is network connectivity to the Netflix servers) - however, it then insists I use a browser with HTML5 or drop into the netflix app to actually view any videos.  If I revert to the Netflix app, it will still be stuck.

I then go through a range of options until the Netflix startup works.... these may include:

1) reboot the TV (last resort, but tends to be a reliable fix - but why should take the 2-3 minute hit of a reboot?)

2) In all instances, stop the Netflix app before taking other action

3) start/stop WiFi (Bearing in mind I'm on a wired internet connection from the TV)

4) reset network configuration (go through setting IP address etc.)

5) physically disconnect/reconnect wired internet connection

Note that, during the above, the likes of YouTube work fine, as does a speedtest app.  It is ONLY the Netflix APP that has the problem.

profile.country.US.title
GlennHenry
New

I have registrerad an incident with Sony Support: Incident number: 18303329

I think you all who has issues should do the same.

profile.country.GB.title
PaJaSt
Explorer

I changed Power Saving to Low. Netflix now works every time. Hopefully it will work for you too.

profile.country.GB.title
Jnr4527
Explorer

Hi Thanks for this but this didn't work. I have tried rebooting, even set back to factory settings. Please can someone help me?