Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix HDR Firmware update 12th April - KD49X8005CBU

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Netflix HDR Firmware update 12th April - KD49X8005CBU

Hi Quinicus,

I note that Sony have issued a firmware Update on the 12th April for my KD49X8005CBU TV. It describes the addition of Netflix HDR. It also says it only applies to 4K HDR TVs and lists the following X85C, S85C, X91C, X90C, X93C and X94C only. However we have communicated together previously and I believe you advised that my TV now had HDR capabilities following previous firmware updates. May I ask you to please clarify if the addition of Netflix HDR applies to my TV.

Many thanks

Regards

Costeta

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi Quinnicus,

Thank you. I appreciate you continuing to investigate and get to the bottom of this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately HDR is not available on your TV.  Ive had it re-confirmed.  Sorry to give you the bad news.

These are the models that do support HDR

(4K HDR 2015 models: X85C, S85C, X91C, X90C, X93C and X94C only)

(4K HDR 2016 models: XD80, XD83, XD85, SD85, XD93 and XD94 only)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi,

that's a shame. Thanks for following it up. I'd better start saving for one of the compatible models. HDR sounds fantastic.

Thank you

Regards

Costeta.

profile.country.GB.title
Costeta

Hi Quinnicus,

I've taken the plunge and dropped my 2015 KD49X8005 and invested in a 4k HDR Sony TV (entry level) the KD55XD7005. The HDR is amazing. It lives up to the hype.

profile.country.PT.title
aribeiro67
Explorer

Hi all,

I have also the same problem, and my TV is a X90C, when I try to see a Netflix movie with HDR, I lose the settings for the image.

In my opinion the HDR is not so clear as the VIVID image. I saw the Marco Polo serie on Netflix with Vivid, but now after the upgrade to the new firmware, the HDR is automatic, and in my opinion, the movie image now is too dark.

How can I solve this ? Do Sony wil create another firmware to correct this?