Join now - be part of our community!

Direct upload to facebook problems for DSC-HX60V

Direct upload to facebook problems for DSC-HX60V

Help!

I have the Cybershot DSC-HX60V and have installed the direct upload app version V2.32 with the facility to directly load photos to facebook. I am able to go through the stages including signing in to my facebook account but the problem I have is that the photo will not upload at the final stage because the camera screen message reads 'unable to upload as new album unavailable' it then asks me if I want to create a new album, which I do but the same message then appears again.

All instructions and tutorials I have found show the last page upload as displaying Facebook folder options to upload to i.e. timeline, cover photos, and albums but my camera doesn't display any thing other than the option to create a new album.

I have tried to name the new album on the camera the same as one of my existing albums on Facebook but still no joy.

Anyone got any ideas please.

3 REPLIES 3
Mleesw
New

I'm having the same problem on my a6000. Did you ever figure it out?

Mleesw
New

After writing the above comment, I figured out that for me the problem was that I had adjusted the setting on Facebook that determines what the app is allowed to access. It needs access to your name and email but also it must have access to your photos and videos if you want it to be able to upload things there. I had to uninstall the app on Facebook as well as on my computer and redo the whole thing to resolve the problem. :upside_down: Hopefully this will help someone else in the future. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@Mleesw Hi and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Glad you sorted it out and thanks for posting the solution too!

cheers