Join now - be part of our community!

DSC H20......Reinsert the ''memory stick'' error message

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bumblebee65
Visitor

DSC H20......Reinsert the ''memory stick'' error message

Hello, i have had my cybershot for around 2 years now, first 9 months or so, it was great, had loads of fun, taking loads of photo's. Then i started getting this error message, and i've managed to take around 50 in all, while constantly getting this error, i have sent it back to argos twice with this problem, both times being sent back saying nothing was wrong, it just needed formatting :thinking:  and since then, i may be able to take one photo then it appears again, i've lost so many photo's, prescious moments of my grandson, i also brought another 'sony-memory stick PRO duo, 4GB Mark2, by magicgate' and the same thing continues to happen, i don't have any fun with my camera now atall, infact i haven't used it since christmas :cry:  the 12 month warrenty has run out for argos now, so they won't help anymore, not that any of them in the shop had a clue how to even turn it on :neutral:  i loved my camera, i told everyone too :laughing: i don't know what else to try, that is two identical memory sticks, both been formatted a few times, lost loads of prescious photo's .................................. i really don't love my camera anymore :angry:  and i don't think i can afford to send it away to be fixed, maybe cheaper to just buy another, i've had less then 9 months worth of good photography, i'm so sad and disappointed, :slight_frown: 

i have been trying for the last hour to load what photo's i had left on there to my computer, but it won't do anything, because this stupid error is constantly coming up again!

i've tried everything sony have said on here, take the stick out and reinsert, clean the stick ..... :slight_frown:

any advice would be great, thanx :slight_smile: bumble xx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again,

I'm afraid your only realistic option is to get in touch with Sony Support and, after describing your issue, they will be able to let you know how much a repair will cost.

The contact details are all available here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/index.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

I would definitely recommend contacting them before taking your camera on another special occasion.

Thanks

Simon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hi bumblebee65 - welcome to the Sony Forums.

Just to keep you updated, I am looking into some possible answers for you with your particular model of Sony camera and will let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Simon

bumblebee65
Visitor

Hello, :slight_smile:

Thankyou for helping, i'll keep a look out if you find anything that will help, very much appreciated,

Bumble :wink: 

bumblebee65
Visitor

hello, me again,

I have just googled my question and it seem's to be quite a common fault to this camera, surely someone in sony has found a solution by now? 

Please i really need a camera for the end of july, and my one is only fit for the bin :cry:  i'm heart broken that there is no help, i can't believe just how much bother my camera has caused, i only got it because my daughter had the model before this one, and i loved it, but no shops stocked it anymore so went for this 'newer better' model, my daughters camera is still going strong, :thinking: 

9 months, thats all i've had, lost all my photo's of my first grandson born too, so please can sony do anything?

ok, i'm begging now :dizzy: bumble

bumblebee65
Visitor

:cry:  no idea's then?? can someone at least tell how much it will cost to mend?? :slight_frown: 

thanx again in advance :neutral: bumble

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again,

I'm afraid your only realistic option is to get in touch with Sony Support and, after describing your issue, they will be able to let you know how much a repair will cost.

The contact details are all available here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/index.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

I would definitely recommend contacting them before taking your camera on another special occasion.

Thanks

Simon

profile.country.en_IE.title
sicough76
Visitor

hi i got the same message, i just bought a card reader, i put in the memory stick and it asked to be formatted i said no and took it out, put it back into the camera and got the the re-insert message, so i went to formatt it ony half way through it said cannot be formatted as the disk is write protected so now i'm trying out the sony resucue one if that doesn't work it looks like i'll have to go to a proffessional and all for the sake of ONE photo!! i got the card reader to get that photo off before anything happens as i lost the connecting cable....how ironic right? so pissed off and upset by the whole thing :slight_frown:

EDIT: just did the sony one and nothing, after a minute it said error occured while recovering :slight_frown: if you manage to get yours fixed will you let me know please!

Message was edited by: sicough76

Message was edited by: sicough76

bumblebee65
Visitor

Hello sicough76 :slight_smile:

I'm sorry i don't have good news :cry:  i done as i was told on here, rang sony, was told to ring sony repair which i did, i told them the problem and they said to send it in :neutral:  and guess how much the repair cost is!! nearly £180!! :anguished:  that is nearly what i paid for the camera, and it isn't even as if I have BROKEN IT!!  i tried getting it fixed while still under warrenty, and some unexperienced idiots at argos sent it back twice saying nothing wrong!! i have wasted two whole years!! searching for an answer, and constantly trying it, only to lose soooo many photo's :cry:  at this monemt in time i hate sony!! would never buy another product of theirs :angry:

anyway, i'm so very sorry i can't help you, but please if you do find an answer, pop it here i'll pop back now and again just to see, there is no way i can afford to get mine fixed :slight_frown:  i've had a few months worth of good photography out of it and now its no good,

sorry again bumble X

profile.country.GB.title
davewithabeard
New

This error caused by faulty card readers, I guess are very common in these cameras. So like you I will never buy any Sony equipment again as they seem impervious to their responsibilities to their customers