Join now - be part of our community!

PlayMemories Website Purchase Problems

SOLVED
offtrolley
Explorer

PlayMemories Website Purchase Problems

New owner of RX100 IV and not had a good experience so far.

Trying to install the Timelapse camera app from PlayMemories and experiencing problems:

1. Adding a credit card

2. Adding paypal

None of the above options work (as I've read on many threads, on many websites)

So I went to GAME.co.uk and purchased a £10 card (as suggested by others) added this to my wallet and still will not allow me to purchase the app.

"An error occurred while performing this operation."

I have tried this connected to my PC and directly from the Camera - no joy

Reading around this appears to be an on-going problem that has been around for sometime.

I have several days yet to resolve this before I can return it for a full refund.

Can Sony help or will it be better to just return the camera?

(Sorry I'm a software engineer by trade and if tech does not work for me, I don't bother fusing with it I simply move on)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
offtrolley
Explorer

Finally, installed and working. Seems that Sony wanted my credit card number as well.

For anyone else having this problem I suggest doing the following and in the exact order:

1. As HaaHeedde kindly mentioned above, register the product. Don't forget to use the serial number as well

2. If you want to pay with paypal, register with a credit card first

3. If you want to buy some Sony credit, register a credit card first

After you have given them everything including your inside leg measurement and the wife's bra size, don't forget to give them your credit card number as well.

Can I suggest to Sony, instead of asking us to register and confirm our email address, enter details about our gender, birthdays, marital status and address, why not just simply ask us for our credit card details first. It would really save a lot of hassle and cut to the chase of what Sony really want. Our money.

Whilst I'm ranting....

Now that I've got the Time Lapse app at £7.99, not sure what I'm going to buy with the remaining £2.99 in my wallet. Oh look, the other apps just happen to be £3.99

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HaaHedde
New

Have you registered your camera on the "My Sony" web page? I have just experienced the same problem with an other app. But after I registered my camera it all went very smooth. Unfortunately I only have the adress to the Norwegian web page for product registration: https://www.sony.no/mysony/product/register?cid=DM20896&bid=658631258&src=eml&resp_id=506079890&ccid...

All the best

HaaHeedde

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Please refer to the following thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/alpha-nex-interchangeable-lens-cameras/play-memories-app-purchase-in...

I have posted the following:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/alpha-nex-interchangeable-lens-cameras/play-memories-app-purchase-in...

And closer to the end of the thread above, some have posted word-arounds.

Cheers

offtrolley
Explorer

Thanks to you HaaHeedde, I seem to be getting closer.

I've registered the product as you suggested and can now browse to the app page from within the camera.

On my PC however, I'm still getting the website error "An error occurred while performing this operation"

However, it still wont let me purchase the app with money in my wallet.

I now believe it still needs my credit card information even though I have:

1. Money in my wallet

2. Paypal registered

Seem that Sony are not very trusting even though it's them that should be worried about us trusting them.

What a frustrating process this is and not sure how many times I have logged into different Sony websites with annoying captures.

Will keep trying and post back here if I have any luck. Thanks Again

offtrolley
Explorer

Finally, installed and working. Seems that Sony wanted my credit card number as well.

For anyone else having this problem I suggest doing the following and in the exact order:

1. As HaaHeedde kindly mentioned above, register the product. Don't forget to use the serial number as well

2. If you want to pay with paypal, register with a credit card first

3. If you want to buy some Sony credit, register a credit card first

After you have given them everything including your inside leg measurement and the wife's bra size, don't forget to give them your credit card number as well.

Can I suggest to Sony, instead of asking us to register and confirm our email address, enter details about our gender, birthdays, marital status and address, why not just simply ask us for our credit card details first. It would really save a lot of hassle and cut to the chase of what Sony really want. Our money.

Whilst I'm ranting....

Now that I've got the Time Lapse app at £7.99, not sure what I'm going to buy with the remaining £2.99 in my wallet. Oh look, the other apps just happen to be £3.99

profile.country.GB.title
cryptopodium
Explorer

How the hell do I post a new topic?? The option doesn;t seem to be avbailable.

profile.country.GB.title
cryptopodium
Explorer

Since I can't post a new topic, I am forced to hijack this one.

My problem is the folder structure in PMH. The program puts both jpeg and raw files in the same folders, making them completely unmanageble in Windows.

How do I force PMH to put these file types in different folders?

Thanks.