Join now - be part of our community!

Deregister prs-300

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
anspeak51
Visitor

Deregister prs-300

Hi

I have recently purchased a 2nd hand prs-300 ereader. The original owner had registered the ereader with sony but did not deregister before he sold it to me. I now cannot register the ereader to me so I can read the boks I have purchased. I have not been able to make contact with the seller and now have an ereader I cannot use. Can you help by "reseting" the ereader so I can reregister it?

MAny thanks

Andrew Speake

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Andrew,

can you confirm if you've actually tried doing a hard reset on your reader please.?

1. Power off the Reader.
  2. On the bottom edge of the Reader, using a paper clip, press the RESET button.
  3. Turn on the Reader.
  4. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold the down arrow in the directional button and the 0 button until the Reset All screen is displayed.

NOTE: If Opening book... does not display on the screen, charge the Reader's battery for several hours before attempting the reset process again.

5. Press the 5 button to reset the Reader.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Andrew,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

If the previous owner has not de-authorised the reader, I'm not 100% sure, but a hard reset may be able to solve the problem..

Alternatively  I think you may have to ask for the sellers account details..

Then connect your reader to your PC and login with the sellers details and de-authorise your reader..:smileyconfused:

However as I said I'm not 100% sure so I'll ask our contact at Sony if there is a solution..

anspeak51
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

That is my understanding too. The issue is that i cannot contact the seller and have no way of asking him to deregister on my behalf!

If there is any other way of doing this it would be great.

Regards

Andrew Speake

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I probably won't get a reply until next week but as soon as I do I'll let you know..:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Andrew,

I've not forgotten but, I'm embarrassed to say, I'm still waiting for a response from Sony..:smileyblush:

anspeak51
Visitor

Thanks Thalamus, your help is very much appreciated.

Hopefully it wont be too much longer before Sony replies.

Regards

Andrew

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Andrew,

can you confirm if you've actually tried doing a hard reset on your reader please.?

1. Power off the Reader.
  2. On the bottom edge of the Reader, using a paper clip, press the RESET button.
  3. Turn on the Reader.
  4. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold the down arrow in the directional button and the 0 button until the Reset All screen is displayed.

NOTE: If Opening book... does not display on the screen, charge the Reader's battery for several hours before attempting the reset process again.

5. Press the 5 button to reset the Reader.
anspeak51
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

I tried this three times and on the last attempt it worked!! I cant register the unit on the Sony Website as it still says it is registered to another user, but I can load all of my previously purchased eBooks onto the reader, which was my main issue.

Thank you very much for your help in solving this. It is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Andrew

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I tried this three times and on the last attempt it worked!!

:cool: Excellent news..

I cant register the unit on the Sony Website as it still says it is registered to another user.

Have you tried logging into your MySony account and regestering your Reader without entering the serial number as I don't think it madatory..:smileyconfused:

Thank you very much for your help in solving this. It is very much appreciated.

You're welcome..:smileyhappy:

jjcoch
Visitor

Thanks for the tip. It worked first time and I now have my books on two readers and one very happy wife who does not need to pinch my reader anymore.

If anyone has this problem just follow the instructions and it will work!!!