Join now - be part of our community!

Hung e reader

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
clevelands
Visitor

Hung e reader

Hello all

My reader has hung.  I have just charged it up, so its not the battery.

Any ideas please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carpetmojo

suggest a soft reset , that usually sorts it out.

Also, get a  wall charger - it gives a better charge, and you don't run the risk of  the computer draining the battery out should it close down if you leave  it on a long charge - it has happened, it's not the Reader's fault, but  the way PC's work !

A hard reset is probably next, but  you lose all your books with that, so I suggest you contact Sony support  first - or someone may pipe up here..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
carpetmojo

I suggest a soft reset , that usually sorts it out.

Also, get a wall charger - it gives a better charge, and you don't run the risk of the computer draining the battery out should it close down if you leave it on a long charge - it has happened, it's not the Reader's fault, but the way PC's work !

A hard reset is probably next, but you lose all your books with that, so I suggest you contact Sony support first - or someone may pipe up here.. :slight_smile:

carpetmojo

suggest a soft reset , that usually sorts it out.

Also, get a  wall charger - it gives a better charge, and you don't run the risk of  the computer draining the battery out should it close down if you leave  it on a long charge - it has happened, it's not the Reader's fault, but  the way PC's work !

A hard reset is probably next, but  you lose all your books with that, so I suggest you contact Sony support  first - or someone may pipe up here..