Join now - be part of our community!

Why does my clock radio turn on at midnight?

profile.country.en_GB.title
nicolive70
Visitor

Why does my clock radio turn on at midnight?

I have a Sony XDR-C705DAB clock radio which I have had to stop using recently, as on several occasions, it has turned itself on at midnight.  This is particularly unhelpful when I have to be up shortly after 5am and have already been asleep  for a couple of hours.

It happened once and I disregarded it. It happened on Friday 13th July this year and I started to get suspicious. It happened again on 1st August and I'd had enough.  It's now been relegated to the spare room and I'm using a different one.

Have any other users experienced a similar effect?  Is it some Sony software writer's idea of a joke?

Although I initially thought this model would be a good purchase, with 4 alarms to cope with my random shift pattern, I subsequently found it fiddly to operate.  You have to cycle through loads of menus just to turn a particular alarm on or off.  The buttons on the top slope downwards and away from you so it is not easy to operate whilst lying down in bed.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear any similar reports!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Convergence
Visitor

Hi Sorry to say it appears to be a fault, if in warranty I would recommend a replacement, check for a dot on the bar code, there was an issue with these when they first launched

RobM123
New

I have the same problem with my Sony Clock DAB Radio / ipod dock XDR-DS16iP except mine has started turning itself on at 4am. What sort of rubbish product is this. I've got the auto update for the clock turned off. And its out of warrenty

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you have the auto-update switched off, have you considered its the alarm going off (either A or B)?

Cheers

RobM123
New

Thanks for your reply - yes clock update is off

Only Alarm A is set - everyday for 07:30 for DAB radio

Tha alarm functions fine - its the unexpected 04:00 turning on of the radio which in not ok