Join now - be part of our community!

BBC Iplayer on Google TV

profile.country.en_GB.title
gc----
Visitor

BBC Iplayer on Google TV

Hi,

Just wondering how I can use BBC Iplayer either using an app (can't see anything relevant) or by using the chrome browser.  The following link seems to suggest you can just use the browser

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/google-tv

Your window to the world just got bigger

No more wrestling with a laptop or tablet, just sit back and explore the Internet on any TV. Search for anything you can imagine with fast speed Google Chrome browsing, and get the best of the web from the latest news to BBC iPlayer. Whatever you’re after, find it from the comfort of your own sofa.

However when I go to the iplayer home page I just get a page telling me it isn't supported

Would appreciate any help

Glenn.

Message was edited by: Catmambo

16 REPLIES 16
gofrost

since the latest update for this device bbc iplayer is not supported either as an app (which there is'nt one) or bookmarking the bbc website and accessing from there, message  " Sorry we do not support your device "

@2472552501026097
Visitor

Same here, it was the main reason for purchasing the NSZ-GS7, (

JH0000
Visitor

There was an update to google tv at the end of November. I think some adobe software has been removed and this has stopped BBC iplayer from working. However from searching for info on the web it looks like BBC are going to fix this problem. This is only what I can gather from the internet so if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

clemmy
Visitor

Hi, I`ve seen posts on other forums re this subject and they propose logging ontohttp://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/apparently this might resolve the situation,I was thinking of buying a NSZ-GS7 but was put off by the above problem,I would be interested if this is a fix

Message was edited by: clemmy

JH0000
Visitor

Hi, you can watch bbc iplayer through this big screen version. There is also a problem with 4od, you can watch the adverts but not the programmes. Any ideas for this?

paulsmith1001
New

The big screen version of the BBCi player works just fine for me and i have no problems with playing the adverts or the programmes on 4OD. Would be nice to have some apps for these though rather than having to do everything through Chrome.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi all

Just had an update from the BBC. They have identified an issue on their side, and its being fixed - ETA of around 10 days apparently.

Thanks

robaldog
Explorer

I too am unable to get BBC iplayer on my TV via my NSZ-GS7.  Used Google Chrome to get there, but it just drops the sound.  Thought it might be weak WiFi signal so bought a Huwei booster but that made it worse.  If anyone finds a solution I would like to hear it...

robaldog
Explorer

after reading other messages on this site, I tried BBC iplayer bigscreen, and bingo!  it works!  so if you have this problem, try BBC iplayer bigscreen.