Join now - be part of our community!

BBC Iplayer on Google TV

profile.country.en_GB.title
gc----
Visitor

BBC Iplayer on Google TV

Hi,

Just wondering how I can use BBC Iplayer either using an app (can't see anything relevant) or by using the chrome browser.  The following link seems to suggest you can just use the browser

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/google-tv

Your window to the world just got bigger

No more wrestling with a laptop or tablet, just sit back and explore the Internet on any TV. Search for anything you can imagine with fast speed Google Chrome browsing, and get the best of the web from the latest news to BBC iPlayer. Whatever you’re after, find it from the comfort of your own sofa.

However when I go to the iplayer home page I just get a page telling me it isn't supported

Would appreciate any help

Glenn.

Message was edited by: Catmambo

16 REPLIES 16
robaldog
Explorer

yes, it worked for me... try it!

robaldog
Explorer

try accessing BBC iplayer bigscreen via Google Chrome... it worked for me!

robaldog
Explorer

try BBC iplayer bigscreen...

robaldog
Explorer

Unfortunately, BBC iplayer bigscreen only worked once briefly, and now access to BBC iplayer is so slow that no-one wants to watch it... same for You tube.  Anyone got a a solution or something I can try?

Bagsy2
New

One would assume that Sony is waiting for the Jellybean update to support BBC iPlayer. Why is that not spelt out? BBC iPlayer is all over the Google TV homepage but not supported on the most vanilla of Google TV devices. Clear communication please Sony Product team!

http://www.google.com/tv/apps.html
GandFF
Explorer

I have been a great fan of Sony TVs over the years and was about to upgrade my old non Android TV.

I wanted the new OLED TV to support the main UK catchup app, BBC iPlayer, All4, ITV Hub etc as I do not use Sky or other box. Currently I watch these via a Windows PC under the TV, which is getting a bit long in the tooth.

So I was very disappointed to see that these aren't available on the Sony 55" OLED TV (running GoogleTV) my sister has just purchased.

It looks like I may be switching manufacturer, unless this is resolved.

sara88
New

me too