Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S3700 won't recognise internet connection

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Baseliner1

BDP-S3700 won't recognise internet connection

My blu-ray player (Sony BDP-3700) suddenly stopped connecting to the internet yesterday. It had been working fine until yesterday. I shows as being connected ok to the router via wireless, but when I try to start Netflix or iPlayer or YouTube etc it says "internet connection status cannot be confirmed" and "the network appears to be down". I've tried resetting the network settings, and inputting them manually but that doesn't work either. The router is working fine, and internet is working on all other devices in the house. Seems to be a problem with the player. Anyone else?
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Baseliner1

I have forwarded this thread onto Sony Support in the hopes they can get to the bottom of what your problem is.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Lorenzo126 and @Baseliner1

I am curious to why there is a sudden surge of  network connectivity issues.  Can you please answer the following - just seeing if there is a common cause.

1. What ISP are you with?
  2. What Router (brand/model) do you have?
  3. Has there been a recent firmware update to the router?
  4. What firmware version is your router on?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Baseliner1

Hi, here are the answers:

1. What ISP are you with? Talktalk
  2. What Router (brand/model) do you have? It's a Talktalk supplied Huawei HG633, hardware version H.1.01
  3. Has there been a recent firmware update to the router? Not that I'm aware of, but I'm not sure how to check that.
  4. What firmware version is your router on? Software version is v1.20t
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baseliner1

Thank you

I have had a message from my contact in Sony this afternoon - they have indeed seen an increase of this issue in their call centres as well.  They are now investigating.  Unfortunately thats all the info I have at this moment.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Baseliner1

Hi Quinnicus

Can you let me know how I can contact the Sony help centre directly? It's the third time this DVD player has gone wrong in the 5 months since I've owned it, so am tempted to send it back.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
kevin_priest_fc
Explorer

I just bought a BDP-S3700 and had exactly the same problem.  I could connect to my wifi but failed to connect to the internet.  I called my ISP butthey said as everything else connected to my wifi, it must be an issue with the DVD player.

I found the answer in the Support community, the link is 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35254/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDgwMjc5MjA3L3NpZC9Y...

You need to enter some settings manually to connect.  The important one is tis

• IP address or IPv4 address - which needs to be set higher than it is on your own computer.

I have an iMac and it is in system preferences, network.

I'm no ID guru but I did it.  I nearley tore all my hair out and was just about to give up and return the DVD player to the store.

Good luck.

profile.country.GB.title
Baseliner1

This sorted it! Thanks kevin_priest_fc!

On the other hand, the solution that the Sony tech help people have just sent me was not so helpful. I will be recommending they communicate your solution to other users.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

profile.country.GB.title
kevin_priest_fc
Explorer

You're very welcome :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Worldwideunitednys
New

what was the cause of this and how did you manage to fix it? i've got the same exact problem now. It's a player connection issue, everything else in the house on wireless works fine.

profile.country.GB.title
Baseliner1

Hi, the solution was this: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/bdp-s3700-won-t-recognise-internet-co...

Basically you have to manually change the different IP addresses in the system settings on the DVD player. That worked.