Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S3700 won't recognise internet connection

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Baseliner1

BDP-S3700 won't recognise internet connection

My blu-ray player (Sony BDP-3700) suddenly stopped connecting to the internet yesterday. It had been working fine until yesterday. I shows as being connected ok to the router via wireless, but when I try to start Netflix or iPlayer or YouTube etc it says "internet connection status cannot be confirmed" and "the network appears to be down". I've tried resetting the network settings, and inputting them manually but that doesn't work either. The router is working fine, and internet is working on all other devices in the house. Seems to be a problem with the player. Anyone else?
29 REPLIES 29
annescherbina
Explorer

I am having the same connectivity issues. Everything is listed as working, yet I still get the "Checking Network Connection: Please Wait" then getting bounced back to the Netflix/Amazon Prime/Pandora/etc icon with nothing happening. I have tried factory reset, disconnecting the modem and the player then plugging them back in, changing the DNS Servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.4, setting up a new network, and nothing works. Every other WiFi connected device in the house is working fine. I am using a FiOS router.

The previously provided link that explains how to fix this issue is no longer working. Could you please explain the process to fix this issue?

profile.country.GB.title
Grannybic
Explorer

I have had the same issue since Thursday. Everything was fine the last time I used it then it said the same thing whenever I tried to watch Netflix, Hulu, or any other network. I kept doing the same thing, disconnecting then reconnecting, the Internet said there was connection but the networks still wouldn't respond. How can this be solved?

profile.country.GB.title
brentmick24
New

The only solution I've found is to throw this player in the trash and buy a better brand.

profile.country.GB.title
Niteroi1974
Explorer

I have the same problem but when i try your link, I won’t get into the solution. 

If you could send again this link will be great!

Jason0111
New

I having the same problem and I've tried clocking on the link,but nothing happens . Is there any chance it could be reposted ust in case it's been deactivated. Many thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Niteroi1974
Explorer

Hi
My problem was because my internet was fully operational, I had some kind of block with my internet provider.
When I had this problem sorted out, my connection with Sony DVD player was fine.
I hope this work for for you
Good luck

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
Dartmoorwal
Explorer

The solution link is not available, are you able to please send steps or another link?  What other manual settings?  Many thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Ricardo16
Explorer

The solution is no longer available! Help! Can it be reposted?

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Ricardo16, could you add the model number and more details about the issue that you're experiencing? 

Also, what solution isn't available? Could you clarify this part? This is a thread from 2016, so I'm not sure if you're having the same issue. 

profile.country.GB.title
Niteroi1974
Explorer

Hi

Unfortunately I had this issue a very long time ago and I can’t remember the outcome . And I don’t have this equipment anymore
Sorry I can’t help you
Regards
Maria
Sent from my iPad