Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ST5000 Soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
robmerce
New

HT-ST5000 Soundbar

I have had the soundbar for a week and now the OSD isnt working, my connections are secure.

The soundbar is working well other than that.

It is ARC to ARC HDMI connected too

56 REPLIES 56
profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Same issue for me.

Just a gradient background comes up, can't get to home menu or easily change inputs.

To fully explain the scenario I am experiencing, this is what happens when I turn on tthe sound bar:

1. Front Display shows Please wait repeatedly for around 1-2 minutes
  2. In this time display on TV shows Sony Logo
  3. then a background gradient of the Soundbars GUI is shown

Experience once on:

1. Cant access home menu or other menus.
  2. input menu seems buggy and HDMI inputs seem to be skipped
  3. can control volume, dimmer, sound field, sf volume

Have tried:

• Turning off and on again
  • Turning off, leaving mains unplugged for a minute then on again
  • Using the reset of holding down Power and - on the sound bar, issue remains

Seems software related, is there another way to reset the device, e.g. via USB?

profile.country.GB.title
robmerce
New

Hi,
You seem to get more than me, my tv gets no signal from the bar but thankfully I have the optical connection. I'm going to contact the vendor as it will need a technician I think.

Get Outlook for iOS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Both

Interesting that you are both experiencing this problem.  I am assuming that this has just happened recently?  Do you know if there was a firmware upgrade to this soundbar?  Have you both changed any settings recently?

Just trying to figure out if there is something in common here.

@robmerce - If you are getting no signal from a HDMI connection, this indicates an issue with the HDMI cable/connection than any settings issue.  Have a look at this guide : HERE and see if it helps.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Hi Quinnicus, can't see if there was an update.

mine seems definitely a software problem. Do you know if I can re flash the OS using USB, or reset from a computer via USB?  The button reset just doesn't seem to work.

profile.country.GB.title
robmerce
New

Hi,,

I think I will be getting a new bar from my seller. Contacted them today. The bar only works for me via optical, my TVs inputs are fine as I've changed around connections. The OSD will not come on at all, the bar is brand new. Sony told me that it would cost £80 for a tech to see it and that the seller would not be responsible thereafter, so I hope it goes well with the exchange.

Get Outlook for iOS
Anonymous
Not applicable

@samkerracher

There are no downloads on Sony Support page for this soundbar.  Even if there was, Sony do not normally allow you to reflash or re-install the software over itself.  As you have reset the soundbar (power and - ) and it failed to fix the problem, your next step is warranty repair/replacement.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robmerce wrote:
Hi,,

I think I will be getting a new bar from my seller. Contacted them today. The bar only works for me via optical, my TVs inputs are fine as I've changed around connections. The OSD will not come on at all, the bar is brand new. Sony told me that it would cost £80 for a tech to see it and that the seller would not be responsible thereafter, so I hope it goes well with the exchange.

Sounds the best course of action to be honest.  Although the soundbar should be warranty as its new.  I cant see how Sony could change £80 (unless its a no fault found..)

profile.country.GB.title
samkerracher

Thanks Quinnicus, I have dropped a contact to Sony, assume they only work Mon through Fri, so will see what they say.

fortunately bought through Amazon so will contact them also.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ok.  Yes Sony Support Monday - Friday.  Amazon are normally pretty good at replacing products AND quicker than Sony.