Join now - be part of our community!

RDR xhd870 playback problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
jotwedd
Explorer

RDR xhd870 playback problem

My trusty recorder works well other than when I record old programmes that are repeated occasionally.  It records but does not playback properly.  The picture jumps around continuously and is not watchable.  My feeling is that this may be because the old programmes would have been made in a different aspect ratio, but I can watch them live on TV without a problem.  Any suggestions welcome, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Aspect ratio problems have occasionally caught me out but its rare, perhaps just three or four times in ten to fifteen years when the playback rapidly jumps between two ratios...

You could try manually picking an aspect ratio on the TV. Also see if it is just one or two specific channels that cause an issue. I assume you are using an HDMI connection rather than Scart.

You could also try a factory reset of the recorder and it should also be running the last firmware release.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mooly01
Contributor

Aspect ratio problems have occasionally caught me out but its rare, perhaps just three or four times in ten to fifteen years when the playback rapidly jumps between two ratios...

You could try manually picking an aspect ratio on the TV. Also see if it is just one or two specific channels that cause an issue. I assume you are using an HDMI connection rather than Scart.

You could also try a factory reset of the recorder and it should also be running the last firmware release.

profile.country.GB.title
jotwedd
Explorer

Many thanks again Mooly01!  Yes, HDMI connection, reset and is running 1.70, which I gather is the most recent.  These two old programmes were recorded on BBC4.  Like you, I suspect something to do with Aspect Ratios.  I had tried to adjust the TV (Samsung) but couldn't see how.  I've since deleted the programmes, but will try to do that again if the issue re-occurs.