Join now - be part of our community!

Which speakers can I pair with Sony HT-SF150?

profile.country.GB.title
theoportoman
New

Which speakers can I pair with Sony HT-SF150?

Hi

I bought a Sony HT-SF150 soundbar, but due to the organisation of my room, I need another speaker to broadcast the sound to, so the sound will come from both the soundbar and the other speaker.

Does anyone know of any speakers that I can definitely connect to this soundbar, that are easy to connect and also aren't really expensive.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Hi @corixa232 

I’m still waiting for @HannahEd01 to reply to my question above from 4 weeks ago, in case she knows of some difficulties with the SRS-LSR200 that aren’t in Sony’s literature on the product, as I must confess that I have no practical knowledge of the product.

But absent that, as long as you get a soundbar that can handle ARC, you should be able to expect to hang your ‘200 on the optical out of the TV, and use both that way.

(I suspect that using ARC for the soundbar will disable the headphone out, so you wouldn’t be able to keep using it there, but the ‘200 certainly works on optical, and there may even have been an optical cable in the box when you got it. But if not, they are cheap enough to buy).

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
corixa232
Explorer

Hey @royabrown2 - thanks for this. Plugging the soundbar into the TV's HMDI ARC, and the '200 into the TV's optical out seems to have worked. One small addendum for anyone who's found their way to this thread with a similar question: I didn't get any sound of the SRS-LSR200 until I went into the TV's audio settings and changed the Ditigal Audio Output to 'Stereo (Uncompressed)'.   

Thanks again. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi guys, I was away for a while and couldn't get back to you, Hubby and I traveled *yeeeeeeeeey*. 

So, I don't have an article from Sony website stating that the system isn't compatible with additional speakers, but, I know for a fact that all of their systems designed this way, If a system is compatible with adding speakers they add it under the model on the support page, like below:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/sound-bars-home-theater-systems-sound-bars-surround-speak...

You can also contact Sony directly to check, let me know if they said anything different. ^^