Join now - be part of our community!

Can't Connect my Bravia TV to my Wireless Network

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
shaker_wooders
Visitor

Can't Connect my Bravia TV to my Wireless Network

I have recently bought a KDL40HX753 Bravia tv and cannot connect it to my SKY wireless network via my Netgear router.  I have been through the automated set up and also tried to do it manually, and despite entering the correct SSID and WPA password it always tells me that it cannot find the network.  Am i missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shaker_wooders
Visitor

Fixed it myslef.  Needed to use uppercase characters for the network security key.  By presssing the blue button on the tv remote you can toggle between lower and uppercase characters.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this baffles a few people and usually boils down to a bit of perseverance, please try a factory reset of the tv and re boot the router and try again.

shaker_wooders
Visitor

I have now tried this and it finds my network when I run the scan.  It then allows me to input my WPA security key and then starts checking the internet connection.  It always comes up with the message router not found despite the fact that all my other wi-fi equipment links quite happily to the network e.g. laptop, printer and mobile phone.  Any ideas?

@1367482400026462
Visitor

Interesting that this post is on here, as I've just had the same problem. I've just bought a KDL26EX550 and have the same issue.

The first time I allowed the unit to do an auto set up, it found neither of my 2 wifi signals. I tried again and it found one of them. After numerous different routes of auto and manual set ups, it's now confirming that it can receive a signal and indeed even knows the password (!?), however, during the test it runs, it fails to connect.

I haven't tried resetting the router yet and the tv unit, but this is the next thing on the list.

helena69
New

I have an identical problem on a television that's 2 years old. Working fine until recently. Lost IP address, couldn't pick up my wireless account. Sony rec. a factory reset  and reboot,etc. said ip fault, even though everything else works.rang ip, they went thru a few things and tweaked a f things. No faults there. Went back to Sony...booked an engineer...sods law...tv starts working again. Cancel engineer visit....tv stopped working again!!! Thats's where I am at, at the mo. Need a whole day on phones to sort this out, so need to get psychologically fit before I dive in again!!! Can anyone else shed some light. Do see similar threads on this forum, but no one from Sony lending a hand!!!

patchrunner
Visitor

I have a similar problem, used to work OK with my music library from media player on the TV, but it suddenly stopped working (about 1 month ago), thought it might be the McAfee firewall & got remote asistance from McAfee, who said firewall was not the problem, even dropped the firewall to check.  I get the bravia logo on the network & sharing centre and I can adjust the volume of the TV remotely from the TV, but it will not stream music or video from the library.  I am at my wits end !!!!!

Message was edited by: patchrunner

That last post should have read " I can control the TV volume from my PC but it will not stream the content. Says server unrecognised but must be recognised to operate the volume control ?????

patchrunner
Visitor

It appears that Sony have a problem that they are not interested in solving.  I guess the answer is to not buy sony products in the future.  I am very disappointed with the lack of response by Sony.

shaker_wooders
Visitor

Fixed it myslef.  Needed to use uppercase characters for the network security key.  By presssing the blue button on the tv remote you can toggle between lower and uppercase characters.

Bravia55HX

i would have thought that was par for the coarse! :wink:

ravells
New

I have the same problem too. Other devices can see the wifi, the Bravia only sees the wifi from next door. Manual setup doesn't find the signal either. Rebooting the router has not helped.