Join now - be part of our community!

Can't Connect my Bravia TV to my Wireless Network

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
shaker_wooders
Visitor

Can't Connect my Bravia TV to my Wireless Network

I have recently bought a KDL40HX753 Bravia tv and cannot connect it to my SKY wireless network via my Netgear router.  I have been through the automated set up and also tried to do it manually, and despite entering the correct SSID and WPA password it always tells me that it cannot find the network.  Am i missing something?

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GB.title
titeanium
Explorer

Hi   My sony 49" now a year old worked fine picked up utube no prob, tv done a upgrade last week since then no wi fi connection.

barry

profile.country.GB.title
knewt68
Explorer

Have you tried resetting the TV to default?

profile.country.GB.title
jo.jenkins
New

Hi I’ve just spent 2hrs of my life struggling to connect to the Wifi.. turns out I had to agree to Sony terms and conditions in order to allow tv to connect... settings, setup, network setup, set up network connection... I think this is when the terms and conditions popped up, to be honest I sort of fixed it in a flukey haphazard don’t know what im doing sort of way, but hey ho at lest I’m now connected 👍🏻😁

profile.country.GB.title
Spikeramm
Explorer

Had this problem too when my connection failed after few weeks of connecting OK,  After trying various suggestions without success, I removed and reinserted the mains plug - problem solved.

profile.country.GB.title
Rhea509
Explorer

I recently bought a Sony Bravia TV and had the same trouble, I tried the Security Key in Lowercase and Capitals and still had to luck. I inputted the numbers 1 - 8 and it worked, have had no problems since.

Good Luck.

profile.country.GB.title
richardmcm
New

That worked for me too! No idea why, but no complaining!

profile.country.GB.title
abecrabt
New

I found that my Bravia had its Wi-Fi Direct connection "on", and on the same channel as my wifi extender.

I deactivated Wi-Fi Direct (i.e. turned it off, in Settings,) and was then immediately able to make the wi-fi connection work.  The internet connection started to work, all apps returned to "Home/All Apps" and I watched some iPlayer.

Hard to say for absolute certain this solved it but I feel strongly it did.  I would guess that a TV that has a Wi-Fi client *AND*  a Wi-Fi Direct Access Point could well struggle with intereference between the two, most especially if they're on the same channel.  I could perhaps have changed the Wi-Fi Direct channel, I'm not sure, but as we don't need that connection in this house, I just turned it off.

I hope this helps any of you still with the problem!