Join now - be part of our community!

Can't Connect my Bravia TV to my Wireless Network

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
shaker_wooders
Visitor

Can't Connect my Bravia TV to my Wireless Network

I have recently bought a KDL40HX753 Bravia tv and cannot connect it to my SKY wireless network via my Netgear router.  I have been through the automated set up and also tried to do it manually, and despite entering the correct SSID and WPA password it always tells me that it cannot find the network.  Am i missing something?

26 REPLIES 26
Nish_summan
Explorer

Got the same issue. All my 2013 Sony TVs have the problem where all ssid signals disappear, when the wifi stops working. Firmware fault on the wifi module I suspect. Happened during a 2014 firmware update. Out of warranty now and don't want me to send them in for repairs at a cost. 

Currently in the process of writing a formal complaint.

rotaylo23
Explorer

Johnazar
New

No luck with connecting Sony 65 inch Bravia to netgear nighthawk.  Is the Sony on recall 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Johnazar - need more information on your problem.  Model number of TV, the actual problem and what steps you have taken thus far.  

bgerman
Explorer

If it isn't as simple as you've entered your password incorrectly, it could be your wireless channel on your router

My router was on channel 13, I changed this down to 11 and the TV picked up my wireless network instantly.  Thanks to this thread for the solution http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/New-Sony-TV-wont-connect-using-wireless/td-p/2407601

Hope this helps someone!

Football.66
Explorer

Followed or directions on the tv

Football.66
Explorer

Kevinpujary
Explorer

Dear friend,

Bought a new bravia kdl43w800d and tried to connect my netgear wnr614 wifi router. Neither did it show the wifi/ ssid name nor could i connect them manually. The sony technician nor the customer care executive were of any help.

SOLUTION: in my case, i changed the channel no fron auto to 5 in the wifi setting of the netgear router and praise god it detected and also connected. I think any channel no should work. Working fine for the last 2 days.

profile.country.GB.title
knewt68
Explorer

If you are in Europe channels 13 and 14 won't even work because of radiotelecommunication standards.

daman1
New

That never works if you're gonna give information at least give useful info. There is no solution to this problem it's works when it wants to sony never come up with any solutions!!!