Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 headband creaking

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
FredSass
New

WH-1000XM3 headband creaking

Hi. I have had my Sony WH-1000XM3 for a couple months. I haven't used them much until recently, while on public transport. The audio sound is brilliant. However, I have started noticing the headband is creaking whenever I move my head/jaw. It is a plastic against plastic sound. It is unbearable especially as they are top of the line expensive headphones. It is only the right side. Is there any way to fix this please? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piscie
Community Team

@supersonicbionic, try reaching out to the Sony reps directly if your product still within the one year warranty.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

This is a mechanical fault, most probably in the slider, i recommend you talk with Sony reps. and they will advise you on how to send this unit for inspection.

profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

same problem with my WH-1000XM4 - do i need to contact the retailer i bought it from or Sony?

Piscie
Community Team

@supersonicbionic, try reaching out to the Sony reps directly if your product still within the one year warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

thanks will do, yes i bought it a month ago. 

profile.country.GB.title
FredSass
New

Fantastic service. Not a squeak from the headband anymore. My headphones were within the 12 months warranty. Sony did a great job resolving the issue. Really quick too.

profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

Thanks! Can you explain the steps you took and how long did it take for Sony to fix it? Currys told me to go to their service desk so i'm wondering whether i should go to the retailer (Currys) or Sony first? 

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Supersonic,

I am pretty sure that Sony should take no more than 2 weeks to fix the headphones, based on my experience.

profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

I read online that Sony refuses to fix such issues because they blame it on the user.... not sure if it's true or not...

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Supersonic,

can't you just send photos of the damage to the repair center before you send the actual unit, so can advise you?