Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 headband creaking

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
FredSass
New

WH-1000XM3 headband creaking

Hi. I have had my Sony WH-1000XM3 for a couple months. I haven't used them much until recently, while on public transport. The audio sound is brilliant. However, I have started noticing the headband is creaking whenever I move my head/jaw. It is a plastic against plastic sound. It is unbearable especially as they are top of the line expensive headphones. It is only the right side. Is there any way to fix this please? Thank you

25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

Yes. i could use the refund to buy any other pair of headphones, problem is that the price I paid in November was lower (Black Friday deal) and the current price of the same model is higher and the difference will not be refunded.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey supersonicbionic, IDK. Maybe you can squeeze something if you pushed harder?

profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

nah i tried everything really but it's faulty. I exchanged them with Bose 700 yesterday and Bose have no issues. I do really miss Sony, loved the app but i am not going to accept low quality for an almost £300 product.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey supersonicbionic, try to add a review so that they take your points into consideration.

profile.country.GB.title
supersonicbionic
Explorer

I have left feedback as they asked me to do so. They said i should contact them for further assistance but I don't know what they mean, they already have my contact details but i don't know how they can assist me as I'm not using their products anymore. They also asked me for feedback after they failed to fix the headphones the first time and i sent it to them, never replied to me so I think it's just a marketing trick to show they care but in fact they don't.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey supersonicbionic, You did more than what you needed to do. Good luck with your new product ✌🏻