Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C in reboot loop after update

profile.country.GB.title
Valiant1876
Explorer

KD-49X8305C in reboot loop after update

Following the update on the 27th June 2019 my TV went into a reboot loop. Tried the factory reset but to no avail. Sony have sent an engineer who now have the TV but they think the board needs replacing and they are apparently on back order so I'm stuck without the TV until goodness knows when.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? My local repair centre intimated there appears to have been a rush on this type of thing recently which is why they cannot get the parts to fix it.

If this is going to be a recurring problem I think I have probably bought my last Sony product, having been a loyal customer for many years.

22 REPLIES 22
Ade5679
New

I've got exactly the same thing.  Been away for 4 days the came back to this exact problem.  Waiting to hear back on repair visit, doesn't sound good!

profile.country.GB.title
Valiant1876
Explorer

Just a quick update to say that Sony have now authorised a replacement TV, a satisfactory outcome, just a pity it was not reached a little earlier.

profile.country.GB.title
LNUNEZ
Explorer

Was your tv still under warranty?
Same thing happened to me but my TV is an older model and is out of warranty, and now they take no responsability for the software they released.
profile.country.GB.title
joanne12346
Explorer

I have this exact problem - The TV is only 2 1/2 years old and now the remote control and panel at the back isn't working as it's stuck in this loop with the light at the bottom flashing between blue and white - Have you managed to get anywhere with Sony? I got through to online chat but went through to US and Canada rather than UK so just waiting to get in touch with UK. Any advice other than get a new TV would be very welcome.

profile.country.GB.title
Valiant1876
Explorer

Yes my TV was less than three years old and was still under warranty. Sony have authorised a full refund  for me to use towards a new TV.

profile.country.GB.title
Valiant1876
Explorer

Hi Joanne

As my TV was still under UK warranty I went through their UK helpline and they have now authorised a full refund for me to use toward a replacement.

Good luck with your issue.

Richard 

profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

It’s really put me off Sony, I won’t be buying from them again
profile.country.GB.title
LNUNEZ
Explorer

What happens, do you see the Sony logo and than it restarts?
profile.country.GB.title
LNUNEZ
Explorer

Please describe your problem, I may be able to help you. Sony is totally unhelpful.