Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49X8305C in reboot loop after update

profile.country.GB.title
Valiant1876
Explorer

KD-49X8305C in reboot loop after update

Following the update on the 27th June 2019 my TV went into a reboot loop. Tried the factory reset but to no avail. Sony have sent an engineer who now have the TV but they think the board needs replacing and they are apparently on back order so I'm stuck without the TV until goodness knows when.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? My local repair centre intimated there appears to have been a rush on this type of thing recently which is why they cannot get the parts to fix it.

If this is going to be a recurring problem I think I have probably bought my last Sony product, having been a loyal customer for many years.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

After trying the factory reset and enabling the flash once green LED, I restart the tv only to get as far as the android four circle screen. This lasts for about 3/4 seconds and then it dies
profile.country.GB.title
LNUNEZ
Explorer

Reflash TV with firmware on a USB pen.
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

I’ve tried that too. Well I believe I have attempted it.

Loaded the file to the top level of the usb and plugged into the tv. Doesn’t seem to wanna boot that way. Do I need to completely wipe the usb and format it?
profile.country.GB.title
joanne12346
Explorer

Have tried the USB - Brand new USB with only the software on and it actually made it worse - It loaded the cogs for about 3 seconds and then switched completely off so couldn't even watch Sky on it - Totally useless as a TV but a nice sun block in front of the window 😞 Went through to SONY but as it only had a 1 year warranty advised to go back to retailer. AO.com wanted a report to say it was an inherent fault and if it was they would issue a partial depreciated refund. After lots of talking to engineers it's pretty much impossible to say this and nobody would agree to writing this in a report. Back onto AO.com and an email to their chief exec to say I was being given the run around trying to prove something that was impossible and finally got a resolution - They have offered a partial refund (6 years minus the 2 1/2 we've had from the TV already) which I think is fair as we have used it for this period of time. Just waiting for it to come back into the bank account and then all resolved. In the meantime been out and bought a Samsung with a 5 year warranty. Lesson learnt not to have a TV with only a 1 year warranty and steering away from SONY in future.

profile.country.GB.title
LNUNEZ
Explorer

Yes.
Format to fat32 file system and copy last firmware to root.
Plug it on 2nd USB slot not 1st.
After, power on TV and see if it starts to flash.
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Nope, no joy.. clearly it has ruined the TVs mainboard. Sony are losing customers and rightly so.

profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Hi Joanne

I too bought mine from AO. Any chance of the emails to write to? I would happily back your argument up as I have the exact same issue.
profile.country.GB.title
LNUNEZ
Explorer

Try this, worked for me.

• Put two copies of the firmware file on the same USB stick

• One of them with the original name

• And the other one renamed as 'upgrade_uploader.pkg'.

• Then connect the USB stick to USB port 2.

• And then see if the update process will start as intended.
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Sadly no joy.

I’ve got a response from AO. They’ve been able to successfully gain a reply from Sony and will help me with a repair.
profile.country.GB.title
Stevespeed5
Explorer

Hi Tried the update as you suggested adding the 2 files to the usb stick and it updates but then reboots then updates again and again when I remove the stick from the usb slot as it reboots it just goes back into the reboot loop is there anything i'm doing wrong or does someone have an older version of the firmware as I think the current version on the sony website is corrupt?