Join now - be part of our community!

Video FR

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

Video FR

Hi all, new to this forum and to video...or at least I now realise how new I am to video having blundered on for a couple of years with a camcorder, now have a shiny new bridge camera which I have yet to find its, hopefull potential!

If someone can answer this I would be gratefull; If 60P is smoother and better for action, and presumably therefore wildlife film, why is it not better for all types, normal, fairly action-less movies? Or is it just that it takes more memory, or bitrate, or something and is therefore wasted as no noticable difference would be seen?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

That's pretty much it! You can use more than twice the camera (and computer) 'resources' to capture and edit footage at 60p. At 4K resolution that can be a substantial amount of data... the best advice is to shoot at high resolution as much as possible, but restrict high frame rate capture to fast-action (or slow-motion) footage.

Hope that answers your question :cool:

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

That's pretty much it! You can use more than twice the camera (and computer) 'resources' to capture and edit footage at 60p. At 4K resolution that can be a substantial amount of data... the best advice is to shoot at high resolution as much as possible, but restrict high frame rate capture to fast-action (or slow-motion) footage.

Hope that answers your question :cool:

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

Ah-ha. Thank you. 

Regards

Mark