Join now - be part of our community!

Can anybody help pleeeease

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chhardi5890
Visitor

Can anybody help pleeeease

I have a PRS 505 Sony Reader and I dropped it too many times and now is dead....Sorry! But i can't figure out how to transfer my books from the Reader onto my computer or in my  Reader Library so i can have them ready for my new Reader. Don't want to lose the books I have already purchased.... Please HELP!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jopearc22
Visitor

I would have thought you'd still have a copy of them on your PC from when you bought them? Should simply be a matter of transfering them from your PC to your new reader if that is the case using Adobe Digital Editions, or the version of it that Sony supplied with your 505.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jopearc22
Visitor

I would have thought you'd still have a copy of them on your PC from when you bought them? Should simply be a matter of transfering them from your PC to your new reader if that is the case using Adobe Digital Editions, or the version of it that Sony supplied with your 505.

Drumzman
New

Hi chhardi5890,

Just another thought for you - I too would think that you should still have a copy of any eBooks you've bought on your computer, but if for some reason you didn't keep a copy here then there may be a solution depending on where you purchased your e-Books.

I've purchased a few of my eBooks from Waterstones and WHSmith, so I know it works with these retailers, but I'm guessing most others will be the same.  If you log on to the retailer's website as you would if you were going to buy something, then most have an order history section where you can see what you bought previously.  For eBooks this gives you the download option, so you can get the book again (without paying again of course:smileyhappy:!)

One thing to be careful of though, if you get a new Reader, do make absolutely sure that you use the same Adobe ID to register it (as you did for your computer and the PRS505) otherwise you won't be able to open the eBooks - other than that everything should be fine!

Hope this helps!

carpetmojo

Drumzman, you're right, I've done that - and I also keep any downloads I enjoyed just in case.

And is it 6 other (registered) devices you can install stuff on ?

Drumzman
New

Hi carpetmojo,

Yes it's six devices - quote below from Adobe's website:

"If you have authorized your computer, Adobe Digital Editions does not "lock" your eBooks and other digital publications to that computer — they are assigned to you through your Adobe ID. This means that you can transfer library items to up to six computers and six supported mobile devices."

Best regards.

carpetmojo

Cor lummee - so now I need to buy another 4 PC's............................. :cry: :smileymischief: