Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HT-CT60 Sound Bar

SOLVED
mifello36
New

SONY HT-CT60 Sound Bar

Hi. Hope somebody can help. Mum has a HT-CT60 sound bar connected to TV with optical cable. This has worked well for 12 months but had suddenly stopped working. I have changed the battery in the remote. When I press the power button on the remote, 2 lights on the sound bar illuminate briefly for a couple of seconds and then go off. No sound comes out as it seems that the unit is turning itself off immediately. Any suggestions?
85 REPLIES 85
Millauk84
New

Thanks for this fix. Bought the capacitor from maplin 59p bit soldering and it works. Thanks again could not have done it without your post would have binned it and bought new one.

Spoiler
Spoiler
:thumbsup:
profile.country.GB.title
Soughnie

Glad you were able to save it from the dustbin for the low price of 59p plus a bit of solder. 

Cheers!

Kyle

profile.country.GB.title
ellawri
Explorer

Thank you so much...my soundbar stopped working last night so I did a search online to try and find a solution. 

I followed your instructions and visited Maplins for the new capacitor and screw fix for a soldering iron so all in all it cost me £7.48 and a lot of bravery to repair it.

I couldn't have done it without your advice so thank you! 

profile.country.GB.title
Soughnie

You are most welcome!  It's nice to hear that people are getting positive results from this repair.

Cheers,

Kyle R.

Wenatchee, Washington USA

Rickiw1980
Explorer

Hi I have a similar but different issue. All was working fine but now no sound from any of the sources. All lights work correctly, lights change to show different input selected, volume up and down etc etc but nothing I do gets the sound to come out. I have two of these sound bars and one is perfectly working, even when I chnage them round so they are working on the cable of the opposite one so def not wiring or cabling but something inside the sound gat itself. I haven't tried to fix mentioned above as issue seemed slightly different but happy to try this if you think it would fix my issue. Thanks Rick
profile.country.GB.title
Soughnie

Could be bad solder joints.  Break it open and check all solder joints for cracking or sunkenness.

profile.country.GB.title
ellawri
Explorer

Definitely worth a try and a quick fix if it is just the soldering. 

profile.country.GB.title
Soughnie

Yes, definitely check the solder joints because I found several bad ones on the unit that I repaired.  Check underneath transformers, diodes, transistors, resistors....anything that vibrates or generates heat.  Also, plugs where wires attach to the board can be stressed if the wiring is too short, causing solder fatigue over time.  Seen that on Samsung televisions mostly.  Another example of  keeping costs down and shareholders happy :nerd:

Thankyou so much i did this fix on mine and voila it worked. Thanks for saving me money.

profile.country.GB.title
Soughnie

You're welcome!  I'm always happy to hear about people's positive results!!!