Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HT-CT60 Sound Bar

SOLVED
mifello36
New

SONY HT-CT60 Sound Bar

Hi. Hope somebody can help. Mum has a HT-CT60 sound bar connected to TV with optical cable. This has worked well for 12 months but had suddenly stopped working. I have changed the battery in the remote. When I press the power button on the remote, 2 lights on the sound bar illuminate briefly for a couple of seconds and then go off. No sound comes out as it seems that the unit is turning itself off immediately. Any suggestions?
85 REPLIES 85
profile.country.GB.title
cprichmond
Explorer

I went off the fact that my symptom was the same as this, turn on, less than a second turn off. When I opened the unit it wasn't easy to tell if the capacitor was defective. Looked slightly bulged but nothing obvious. Regardless I went off to the electronics store and a few hours later I had removed the old one, replaced with a 0.6c part and to my amazement, it worked first go when I stitched it all back together.

Just dropping by to say thanks to the poster in this thread that gave the instructions. Saved me a couple of hundred having to buy a new soundbar. I also learned about soldering at the same time. #winning.

profile.country.GB.title
iasathe83
Explorer

Thank you for your comments. Nice to know someone else has saved a fortune.

Regards,

Ian

Ian Satherley
re.sato
New

Hey, I’ve just done it and it worked!

Thanks for sharing!

CoysNo1
Explorer

This definitely works, my sound bar would switch on only after several attempts and stayed on ok. I gave this a try and swapped out the C914 capacitor which looked in good condition with no bulging on the top.

Once I had replaced it and put it all back together, the sound bar turns on straight away and no issues.

Thanks for the excellent solution to this problem, another sound bar is saved 👍

profile.country.GB.title
iasathe83
Explorer

I am glad my solution was able to resolve to faulty soundbar. It is pleasing
to note that several people have 'saved' their sound bars using this method.

Strange how the same capacitor always fails!

Regards,

Ian

Ian Satherley
profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

I have the same problem I see c914 is bulging but also at C619 and C626 also would you have the values for them Tnx