Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard for Sony Bravia internet TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
janetvarey
Visitor

Keyboard for Sony Bravia internet TV

HI,

I have just bought a Sony Bravia internet tv KDL46NX723BU/S.

I have tried EVERYWHERE to find a compatible keyboard and mouse for surfing the net (as doing it from the remote is VERY slow and VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!)

Has anyone already found one???? PLEASE!!

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - you can either use your existing Laptop with software available from your devices support page, Smartphone or Tablet via the Media Remote App, or the standard remote control.

Thanks

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - you can either use your existing Laptop with software available from your devices support page, Smartphone or Tablet via the Media Remote App, or the standard remote control.

Thanks

technogary
New

When I last checked, Sony's Media Remote (IOS and Andriod app) doesnt not have keyboard emulation yet. The icon is there but when you select it, it just said that the feature is not available yet.:smileysad:

Other than that, Media Remote is working well with KDL-46EX720.:smileyhappy:

Catmambo
Contributor

Yup, keyboard is definitely working, you have to click in the box in which you want to enter text and the the keyboard will pop up on the smartphone. Just logged into Youtube using it...

thanks

julsadot
Visitor

doesn't work on the BBC Iplayer app though :slight_frown:

technogary
New

Thanks for the advise Catmambo. It is working! Just not obvious enough for me. :wink:

firionicable
Visitor

You could either have a laptop or a desktop to work with your Sony Bravia. Simply connect it with your HDMI cable and that's it.

akrbigboy
New

HI Ive just bought a sony w90 series with all the apps but note theres no @ key on the controller cannot use to log onto web sites? help anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have no experience with this model, but on my TV, to change between letters/number/symbols using the on-screen keyboard, I press the blue coloured button on the remote control, twice.  If you look at the bottom of the screen, it tells you what the other coloured buttons do. 

Cheers

Sony Bravia TV won't take a keyboard, the Sony Xperia Tablet Z won't stream wifi to the TV (miracast) without disconnecting the tablet fom the Wifi - so why would one ever waste time buying this low-tech stuff?  I've wasted money trying to match a tablet and TV and frankly I would have been been better going to LG