Join now - be part of our community!

Ht-st5000 and surround sound

profile.country.GB.title
Killerbeankiller
Explorer

Ht-st5000 and surround sound

I have recently purchased the 65 inch oled a1 tv with the Ht-st5000 soundbar and two SRS-ZR5. Will sony be making it possible to set up a true surround sound system linking these together.

I am disappointed that this is not already available, with sony's high end soundbar.

I know the Ht-st5000 can bounce the sound off the ceiling to provide a surround sound effect, but surely having actual rear speakers linked to the Ht-st5000 would give a superior sound quality especially now the Ht-st5000 has recently been updated for Dts surround sound. 

Please Sony update the Music Centre to allow surround sound grouping of wireless speakers  to work with your premium Ht-st5000 soundbar. I know that surround sound works with some of your other wireless sound ars

and the SRS-ZR5 speakers.

42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. We'll pass your feedback on to the development department.

Thanks again,

Owen

Hello are you getting any sound through the zr5's. i too want to buy these speakers for my st5000

profile.country.GB.title
Killerbeankiller
Explorer

Hi I have been able to connect to the ZR5's to the st5000 and have sound coming through all devices at the same time. The options currently available through the music centre is to link as multiroom. But sony have not put in place an option of grouping the three speakers under surround sound as yet.

I connected all my speakers using my wireless network. 

I do hope sony will concentrate on a surround sound option soon. 

profile.country.GB.title
gesplen
New

Yes I’m disappointed as well.  Very minimal immersive experience. This system desperately needs rear speakers. The sound is very good but poor surround field. 

Im going to do some more tweaking before I take back to Best Buy

profile.country.GB.title
mannydtown
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
mannydtown
Explorer

Are you getting surround sound or stereo sound from the rears? 

profile.country.GB.title
gesplen
New

At times I get very good separation, but mostly not.
As far as overhead or rear channels very very minimal. However, I haven't had the opportunity to play many Atmos titles.
This system desperately needs rear speakers. It would sound awesome if it did.

Gord
profile.country.GB.title
ricto1
New

Having had the Ht 5000 for 4 months dissappointment is the best summary. There is no ATmos experience little stereo seperation and defo no 5.1 experience.

It needs rear speakers!!!

I have put it thru netflix tidal chromecast and apple tv, apple tv although no atmos offers the better sound ( although atmos is coming in autumn apparently just hope I can tell the difference)

The sound quality is good but I already have a hifi and bought it for the 7.1.2 experience. 

I have seen many threads on rear speakers for this top end sound bar but no one from Sony seems to reply either way.

Come on Sony you can do better

profile.country.GB.title
gesplen
New

My sentiments exactly. 

Poor to no separation most of the time and I’ve never ever heard any “object” oriented sound nor any overhead sound. I would forgive the overhead sound for some good rear fill. 

I cant understand why Sony can’t or won’t offer rear add on speakers unless the processor can’t support it but it would be a no brainer in my opinion. I’m hoping that Apple can get it right with TVOS 12 but I have my doubts. 

I was was so close to purchasing the Bose 300 but the Sony salesman twisted my arm into purchasing this sound bar with my A1E. Maybe this unit is defective I don’t know. 

Good luck