Join now - be part of our community!

Ht-st5000 and surround sound

profile.country.GB.title
Killerbeankiller
Explorer

Ht-st5000 and surround sound

I have recently purchased the 65 inch oled a1 tv with the Ht-st5000 soundbar and two SRS-ZR5. Will sony be making it possible to set up a true surround sound system linking these together.

I am disappointed that this is not already available, with sony's high end soundbar.

I know the Ht-st5000 can bounce the sound off the ceiling to provide a surround sound effect, but surely having actual rear speakers linked to the Ht-st5000 would give a superior sound quality especially now the Ht-st5000 has recently been updated for Dts surround sound. 

Please Sony update the Music Centre to allow surround sound grouping of wireless speakers  to work with your premium Ht-st5000 soundbar. I know that surround sound works with some of your other wireless sound ars

and the SRS-ZR5 speakers.

42 REPLIES 42
seagull1956
Explorer

I am going to return my ht_st5000 due to the lack of rear speakers shame on you sony for missing this

profile.country.GB.title
cinebub
Explorer

Is there any news on a possible update for the HT-ST500 that will provide suport for Wireless Surround with the ZR5 speakers? The addition of this feature would be very much appreciated by myself and the vast majority of other owners.

profile.country.US.title
Tboguejr
Explorer

Is it possible to use the Songplay app to make this work? Samsung uses their multiroom app to make a similar pairing using wireless network.

profile.country.GB.title
rymdkakor
New

I would also very much want this feature. Please add support for this.

Mattx32
Explorer

Please sony add the feature to use wireless rear speakers using your own wireless-surround system.

profile.country.GB.title
provostkaypark

Re your ST5000 and wirelss speakers.  Please confirm you managed to connect the wireless speakers for the rear sound to the ST5000 by the same way as the subwoofer is connected?  Regards  David

profile.country.GB.title
cinebub
Explorer

I don't have any wireless speakers and will not consider buying any unless Sony add support for this feature to the ST5000. There are an increasing number of competitor systems now that have rear speaker support so I might well sell my ST5000 which is a real shame because it's a really good product apart from this omission.

profile.country.GB.title
Liam_Gordon86
Explorer

Sony are there any plans to introduce rear speaker connections to this system? It is very much needed or at least the option would be nice. All of your other products seems to do this.. I'm running the risk of having to return the bar back because it doesnt do the full dolby amost experience. Please update us on this

profile.country.GB.title
alan4652
Explorer

I quite agree, given the cost of the soundbar I find the performance disappointing the least Sony can do is produce rear wireless speakers to improve the awful  surround sound 

profile.country.FI.title
andybandy222
Explorer

Another disappointing customer here. Excellent product but it really needs the support for surround speakers. Even the cheaper bars have this option so please Sony fix this problem as soon as possible.